MuscleNerd has finally released RedSn0w 0.9.14b1 to downgrade iPhone 3GS / 3G 06.15.00 baseband to 05.13.04 baseband which can be unlocked with UltraSn0w and also fixes the GPS, stock firmware issues incurred on iPhone 3GS/3G due to iPad baseband 06.15.00.
- This downgrade method applied to iDevices compatible with iPad baseband 06.15.00 i.e.: iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G only.
- This baseband downgrade method does not apply to iPhone 4, iPhone 4S.
- For those who are wondering if you can update your 3G or 3GS to 06.15 solely for the purposes of downgrading to 05.13.04 and then unlock with UltraSn0w, the answer is “yes” for 3G owners, and “maybe” for 3GS owners.
- you can now downgrade specifically from 06.15 to 05.13.04 (even if you never had 05.13.04 on that device before).
- If you have an iPhone3GS and if digits 3-5 of its Serial Number are 134 or later (xx134…), means you’ve an iPhone 3GS New Bootrom then you should NOT try to install the 06.15 baseband on your 3GS! It will brick your radio, preventing both the downgrade from working and normal iPhone software from using it as a phone! Be warned!
Let’s downgrade iPhone 3GS / 3G baseband 06.15.00 to baseband 05.13.04 to fix GPS and unlock with UltraSn0w…
How to Downgrade iPhone 3GS / 3G 06.15.00 To 05.13.04 Baseband
We assume that you’ve read the important part above and have backed up your personal data using iTunes.
Download RedSn0w and the firmware that your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G is currently running:
Extract the RedSn0w zip file or mount the image if you’re in Mac OS;
Now launch the RedSn0w (Windows 7/Vista users: right-click on RedSn0w > Run as Administrator);
Click Jailbreak button. RedSn0w will now prepare the jailbreak data;
Now check mark the Downgrade from iPad baseband checkbox, RedSn0w will present you with a warning read it carefully and click Yes. Disable Cydia (if you already have it installed), and click Next;
Plug your iPhone 3GS or 3G to your computer and make sure it’s OFF. Do a controlled shutdown of your iPhone (“slide to power off”). This step is very important to avoid mount problems when the ramdisk is running! Now click Next.
Now RedSn0w will guide you through the steps to put your iPhone into DFU mode. Follow the on-screen instruction to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Release the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Hom button, release the Power button BUT keep holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects the device.
As soon as your iPhone enters DFU mode, RedSn0w will begin jailbreaking your device. Once the jailbreak process is completed, RedSn0w will tell you that rest of the process will be performed on the device.
You see the Pwnapple running on your iPhone, you’ll eventually get to the “Flashing Baseband” step. THIS STEP TAKES A VERY LONG TIME to complete and there won’t be any feedback while its running. Please just let it be for the next 3-8 minutes! When the ramdisk has done its job it will reboot the phone on its own.
After the reboot, your iPhone 3GS will be running 05.13.04 baseband. You can unlock your iPhone 3GS/3G, Open Cydia, let it update, search for UltraSn0w and intsall it.
That’s it! don’t forget to share your experience in the comments section below…
How to Fix ‘No Signal’ and crashes Problem after baseband downgrade
If you’re facing ‘No Signal’ or crashes after downgrading your iPhone 3GS/3G baseband from 06.15.00 iPad baseband to 05.13.04, don’t worry you can fix it in a few steps mentioned below:
- Open Cydia and go to Manage > Packages
- Look for Mobile Substrate and Ultrasn0w
- First uninstall Ultrasn0w and then re-install it. Reboot your iPhone 3GS/3G This should fix the issue.
- If the problem persists, then uninstall Mobile Substrate and re-install it. Now reboot your device.
Don’t forget to hit the +1, Like and/or Tweet button if you like the post. You can follow us on Google Plus, Twitter (@iphone_heat), Facebook (iPhoneHeatDotCom), and Subscribe to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.