Jailbreak Dev Team has released Absinthe 2.0.1 to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch. In this guide we’ll show you how to jailbreak iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS running iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1 untethered jailbreak.
- Absinthe 2.0.1 supports iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.
- iPad 3 users please follow: How to jailbreak iPad 3 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1
- If your iPhone is already tethered jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1, there’s no need to use Absinthe to achieve untethered. Simply follow this guide: install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether from Cydia.
- Absinthe 2.0.1 Works with iOS 5.1.1 only. (How to check iPhone iOS version)
- If you’re running iOS 5.1 or older you need to update your iPhone to iOS 5.1.1. (How to: Update to iOS 5.1.1)
- Warning: If you depend on UltraSn0w unlock or Gevey SIM to unlock your iPhone, do NOT update to iOS 5.1.1. Wait for the Dev Team to release updated RedSn0w with iOS 5.1.1 untethered support, which will let you create custom iOS 5.1.1 to preserve your iPhone baseband.
- Please do NOT pirate the app store application after jailbreaking your device.
- Usual disclaimer applies: Follow these steps at your own risk.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
We assume that you’ve read the IMPORTANT part above and your iPhone is running iOS 5.1.1.
Connect your iPhone to your computer and backup your personal data. to do that; Open iTunes, right click on the device listed on the left pane, and click Backup.
- Now go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Remove any Passcodes or VPN settings.
This helps in making the jailbreak process fast and convenient.
Run the Absinthe 2.0.1 jailbreak and Plug your iPhone to your computer;
Absinthe should detect it, now hit the jailbreak button.
Absinthe jailbreak is completed automated. Just sit back while Absinthe performs various jailbreak steps on your iPhone such as: beginning jailbreak, sending initial jailbreak data, sending final jailbreak data, waiting for reboot, and waiting for process to complete.
Your iPhone may appear to be restoring from backup, that’s fine. Just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
Absinthe will prompt you as soon as the jailbreak process is completed. The sweet Cydia icon will be resting on your iPhone Springboard.
Enjoy! You’ve successfully jailbroken your iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS on iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe jailbreak. After jailbreak you can restore your iPhone with the backup. To do that connect your iPhone to iTunes, right click on your device under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’, select the latest backup.
Don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comments section below…
Don’t forget to hit the +1, Like and/or Tweet button if you like the post. You can follow us on Google Plus, Twitter (@iphone_heat), Facebook (iPhoneHeatDotCom), and Subscribe to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.