RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 is available to jailbreak iPad on iOS 5.1. These steps will guide you through jailbreaking iPad iOS 5.1 tethered. Below are the the detailed step-by-step jailbreak iOS 5.1 on iPad 1…
Apple released the iOS 5.1 firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch soon after the iPad unveiling on March 7th. The legendary iPhone Dev-Team has released RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 to jailbreak iOS 5.1 on iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPhone 4, and 3GS.
- It’s a tethered jailbreak which requires you to connect your iPad to your computer, every time you reboot it, and use “Just Boot” feature in RedSn0w to boot in into jailbreak mode. If you turn on the iPod Touch without using “Just Boot” feature, jailbreak apps won’t work (neither will Safari).
- iPhone 4, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, 3G users can follow these guides:
Let’s jailbreak iPad running iOS 5.1 with RedSn0w…
How to Jailbreak iPad iOS 5.1 with RedSn0w
Download iOS 5.1 for your iPad
Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b6
Download iTunes 10.6
First of all backup your iPad personal data via iTunes before restoring to iOS 5.1.
Connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes, hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the Restore button on iTunes and then browse and select the downloaded iOS 5.1 IPSW file.
After restoring process has completed; Run RedSn0w; Click Jailbreak; Now make sure your iPod Touch is turned OFF and Plugged in to your computer. Hit Next.
Now follow the on-screen instructions to enter your device in DFU mode.
- Hold Down The Power (Corner) button for 3 Seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (Bottom Center) button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds
Once your iPad is in DFU Mode, check “Install Cydia” and hit the next button. RedSn0w will start jailbreaking it, which should be completed within few minutes. That’s it!
Once done, your iPad will be tethered jailbroken on iOS 5.1 firmware. Now let’s talk hot to tether boot it, because without tether boot, you won’t be able to use the jailbreak features, even Safari browser.
How to Tether Boot
- Run the Redsn0w
- Hit Extras, then Just Boot.
- Hit next, follow the on-screen instructions to enter iPad into DFU mode.
This should boot your iPad into tethered jailbreak mode. Don’t forget to repeat the tether boot process every time you reboot your device.
is jailbreak for ipad 2 available ?
Hello !! thanks for everything, the only problem is having to install “Just Boot” in Extras, every time you restart the iphone … When going to change this?
i dont think it is worth to update to 5.1 since there are no important added value
thanks for everything but the only problem is when switched off we have to do justboot for everytime when we restart the phone.
so when they come real jailbreak