iPhone Dev-team has released RedSn0w 0.9.6b10 which brings tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 firmware. RedSn0w0.9.10b6 supports iOS 5.1 on non-A5 devices. You can download RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 for Windows and Mac from the links below…
RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 supports non-A5 devices which are exploitable to GeoHot’s Limera1n exploit. These devices include:
- iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G, 3G
- iPad 1
It’s a tethered jailbreak which requires you to connect your device to your computer, every time you reboot your device, and use “Just Boot” feature in RedSn0w to boot in into jailbreak mode. If you turn on the device without using “Just Boot” feature, jailbreak apps won’t work (neither will Safari).
It’s untethered jailbreak iOS 5.1 for iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) users.
UltraSn0w unlockers MUST use RedSn0w to create Custom IPSW. and then restore using that custom firmware. AVOID STOCK FIRMWARE. UltraSn0w will be updated with iOS 5.1 support in a couple of days (no new baseband support)
Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b6
RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 is available for both Windows and Mac OS. You can download it from the links below:
Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 for OS X
Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 for Windows
Download iOS 5.1
Download iTunes 10.6
From Dev-Team Blog post:
we realize that some of you non-A5 jailbreakers are itching to get to 5.1, even though there seems to be no compelling new feature there. Because of geohot’s limera1n exploit, those with devices earlier than the iPad 2 can test the 5.1 jailbreak waters if they really want to, using redsn0w 0.9.10b6. Here’s what you need to know:
- This is a *tethered* 5.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices. You’ll need to use redsn0w to “Just Boot” your device every time it power cycles, otherwise jailbreak apps won’t work (neither will Safari).
- If you use ultrasn0w for your carrier unlock, be sure to use a custom IPSW to get to 5.1 first! Don’t ever restore to a stock Apple IPSW! Use redsn0w’s “Custom IPSW” button to create a NO_BB_* version of the 5.1 IPSW and restore to that instead of the stock one. (That option is available only to 3GS and iPhone4-GSM owners.) ultrasn0w itself will be updated for 5.1 in the next few days (same baseband support, not 5.1’s baseband).
- If you’re lucky enough to have an old-bootrom 3GS, this jailbreak is actually untethered (redsn0w will figure that part out automatically).
- While we were at it, we added @pod2g’s steaks4uce exploit to support MC models of the iPod touch 2G (whose last firmware was 4.2.1). So now redsn0w will auto-detect and jailbreak both MB and MC versions of that older device.
- iBooks won’t work until a future update of redsn0w
I do not what does not work … in the end gives an error (
I wonder if anyone has downloading problem for Redsn0w 0.9.10b6? the links redirects then does nothing.
Suggestion please! how to download the latest version of Redsnow for Mac that jailbreaks ios 5.1
wonder if anyone has downloading problem for Redsn0w 0.9.10b6? the links redirects then does nothing.
Suggestion please! how to download the latest version of Redsnow for Windows that jailbreaks ios 5.1
Also mail app doesn’t work, nor does safari nor furiousmod… however, you can still unlock it with Gevey ultra as long as the compatible BB is preserved.
cydia isnt working 🙁
after jailbreaking turn off your idevice and then just boot though redsnow
Do I have to do this all the time after i restart my iPhone ?
Jailbreack with Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 worked fine. Reboot my Iphone 4 ios5.1 tethered. But yesterday, Messages icone became white but still worked. Today, all Internet access apps (Safari, Cydia… ) don’t work anymore. I tried to reboot with Redsn0w but it bugs just after uploading first stage finishes. I tried to jailbreack again and everything is ok until I reboot tethered. Same bug.
What can I try ?
Iphone 4 ios 5.1 officialy unlocked, BB 4.12.01, Redsn0w0.9.10b6 on XP pro sp3