Absinthe is now out to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2. These are the steps to jailbreak iPhone 4S with Absinthe. You can jailbreak your iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 untethered with Greenpois0n Absinthe…
- Supports iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 5.
These are the step-by-step instructions to jailbreak iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 untethered with Absinthe.
For iPad 2 Users: Jailbreak iPad 2 with Absinthe
How to Jailbreak the iPhone 4S 5.0.1 with Absinthe
Connect your iPhone 4S to your computer and back with iTunes and update it to iOS 5.0.1 (Not recommended for those waiting for an unlock. you can jailbreak while staying on 5.0 as well)
Download Absinthe and extract it;
Now run Absinthe, make sure your iPhone 4S is connected to your computer;
Hit the Jailbreak button on Absinthe screen;
The application will take you through several steps of the jailbreak:
It will take a while on the starting portion;
Then your iPhone 4S will show restoring a backup saying “Restoring in Progress”;
Your iPhone 4S will reboot. DO NOT UNPLUG IT YET! when it’s turned on, unlock your iPhone if necessary, waiting for device to finish booting;
Preparing jailbreak data, and Sending payload data.
It will take time, don’t worry.
There will be an Absinthe icon on your iPhone 4S screen after reboot. Locate it and Tap on the Absinthe icon and it will load GreenPois0n site, and then after a minute it will reboot your iPhone 4S automatically. Once your iPhone 4S is back ON, the Cydia icon will be there on your screen.
That’s it! have fun with your jailbroken iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1 or 5.0 firmware with Absinthe.
Share your experience with Absinthe in the comments section below…
- Camera roll will be empty if the jailbreak is incomplete. Rerun the app once to fix, and then another time to complete jb.
- If the Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”, please go to Settings, turn on VPN and wait instead.
- The VPN connection will give an error. This is normal. A reboot should happen a few moments after the error.
- Just reboot and redo the jailbreak if you have problems.
- When jailbreaking: Do not have a passcode set. Do not have your own VPN setup (Absinthe needs to setup its own).
- If Absinthe crashes, reboot your DEVICE and try again.
- Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it’s done, or it will not work. VPN SHOULD error and then reboot soon. If it does not, rerun Absinthe!
Don’t forget to hit the +1, Like and/or Tweet button if you like the post. You can follow us on Google Plus, Twitter (@iphone_heat), Facebook (iPhoneHeatDotCom), and Subscribe to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.