iOS 5.0.1 firmware is now available for download. Apple has released iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad and iPod Touch 4G/3G. You can download iOS 5.0.1 firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from the links below…
Hit the jump for the change-log, installation instructions, and download links…
Among other fixes it appears to be one for the bug discovered by Charlie Miller, which allowed execution of unsigned code in App Store apps. iOS 5.0.1 contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
Jailbreakers and unlockers must stay away from iOS 5.0.1 until further notice. Better stay with iOS 5 because iPhone Dev Team, Chronic Dev Team and Pod2g are already working on iOS 5 untethered jailbreak.
Products compatible with this software update: iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (3rd generation)
Download iOS 5.0.1
You can download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad and iPod Touch 4G/3G from the links below:
- Download iOs 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S (9A406) – iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A406_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOs 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S (9A405) – iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 3GS – iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4 GSM – iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4 CDMA – iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPad 1 – iPad1,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPad 2 – iPad 2 WiFi | iPad 2 (GSM) | iPad 2 (CDMA)
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPod Touch 3G – iPod3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPod Touch 4G – iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered with RedSn0w
- How to: Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 with Corona Untether 5.0.1
How to Update to iOS 5.0.1
Make sure you’re running iTunes 10.5 or later version. You can download iTunes 10.5 from here and then install it.
*** Not recommended for unlockers/Jailbreakers
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer running iTunes 10.5 or later via USB cable
- New firmware iOS 5.0.1 availability message will appear
- Hit the “Download and Install” button.
- It’ll download and install iOS 5.0.1 on your iDevice.
- Download iOS 5 firmware for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch from the links above.
- Open iTunes and connect your iDevice via USB cable
- Select your device from the left navigation pane on iTunes
- Hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the restore button on iTunes
- Browse and select the downloaded iOS 5.0.1 IPSW file. Let the restore process complete.
That’s nice. Thank you. I mean for the warning regarding the 5.0.1 update. Now that even the moronest of all morons understands that (I hope), maybe the brains behind all these warnings could tell us if they really think they can come up with an untethered jailbreak before we all die of old age, clinging to our iPhone 18 or 19… In the mean time, there is a plethora of websites making money with ads by posting all these warnings and big statements telling us that some genius said that they have iOS 5 ‘covered’ (that was said on October 12), that every other site saying they can unlock and jailbreak 5.0 are scams, etc… etc… . I know… I know… It’s free, if I don’t like it I can shove it, blah blah blah… These guys have egos bigger than my car, and love to bask in recognition. So spare me the usual shitty moral lesson, and just try to tell us if we’re wasting our time checking these fucking websites of yours. Thank you (again).
Hey relax dude!!!!
iPhone 18 or 19? Don’t be paranoid!!!
We will have the 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak served on our plates just by the time the iPhone 7Gs hits the stores on November 2014, so it’s just a what, easy 3 year wait!!!!
Yo dude… give the guys a break, all you have to do is wait, others are doing the hard work for you yet that is to much for you?
umm i get an error 3194 while updating and i didnt jailbreak at all :/ (device 4S)
you should download absinthe if you are using a iphone 4s to jailbreak
This update has broken my Proximity Sensor it doesn’t turn my screen off any more –__–
good thing i read this, i won’t be updating lol
mine is iphone 3GS running iOS5.0 (semi-tethered)
i accidentally installed an unstable or non compatible tweak package from cydia…
so, it crashed and got stuck in a loop for a few times…. and then, because its a semi tethered, it doesn’t boot into safe mode, but boots into semi tethered version of reboot (where some core apps can still be used like sms, calls and others, but no cydia or jailbroken apps can be used) so, i couldnt get myself to use iFile, or open cydia to remove or uninstall the last tweak package that was uncompatible… so, i tried to restore, but instead i encountered the error 3194…. tried everything to resolve this error but nothing works….
i think the only solution that might work is:
-if i get to boot manually from the semi tethered homescreen to safe mode, then, i might have a chance to open cydia and remove the bad tweak…
-2nd, if i get to resolve the error 3194, it might work as well…
-i cant use winSCP because i dont have wifi to connect to my iphone.
-if there’s a way to connect through usb cable from my laptop….
please help… anything will do… as long as i get my iphone to work again… i dont mind restoring as well… i’ll just jailbreak it again after that….. any solution that 100% works please…. anyone…
I have download the file do I need to extract it??
tethered & untethered is different
iknown? tethered & untethered is different kindof
Hi i am having iphone3gs. yesterday i have select erase content and data. then my iphone got reboot and stuck up at apple screen. It is not going further. Can anyone give me the solution how to resolve this issue. i tried to restore through itunes. But i got 3194 error.
Please anyone can help me. I am using unlocked iphone 3gs
it doesnt work.. my itunes wont detect the firmware i downloaded..what step am i missing?
i want to oppen my iphonbas hband 04.11.08
can you hap get idea about it please?
i have been trying to access DFU mode. -*-
tenho um iPod touch 1G posso baixar a atualização 5 para ele ?
is this true??? prove it