RedSn0w can jailbreak the latest iOS 4.3.5 firmware on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch 4G/ 3G. These are the steps to jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 with RedSn0w on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4G/3G.
- RedSn0w 0.9.8 beta provides tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5. For those unfamiliar, a tethered jailbreak means you will have to connect your iDevice to a computer, every time you reboot, in order to boot it into jailbreak state. (Tether boot instructions can be found below)
- If you want to keep your untethered jailbreak you better stay at iOS 4.3.3 and avoid iOS 4.3.4 or 4.3.5.
- If you depend on UltraSn0w unlock, avoid Redsn0w, or the stock iOS 4.3.5 firmware.
- iPad 2 is obviously not supported.
MusclerNerd of the Dev-Team also confirms that RedSn0w can jailbreak iOS 4.3.5: “@zaone @m1ckey29 ah ok thanks for checking! So those who really do want tethered 4.3.5 can use redsn0w pointed at 4.3.4 (except iPad2)”
How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 with RedSn0w [Tethered]
Make sure iTunes 10.4 is installed. Restore iOS 4.3.4 on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad or iPod Touch 4G/3G and keep it connected to your computer via USB.
***You can skip this step if you’re already running iOS 4.3.5.
Execute the Redsn0w. Hit the Browse button and select iOS 4.3.4 firmware (Not iOS 4.3.5). RedSn0w will recognize your IPSW file. Then hit Next.
Now check mark “Install Cydia” and hit Next.
Now make sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is turned OFF and Plugged in to your computer (Read RedSn0w instructions). Hit Next.
Now you’ll be instructed to put your iDevice into DFU Mode. Follow the on screen instructions.
- Hold Down The Power (Corner) button for 3 Seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (Bottom Center) button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds
Once you’ve successfully entered into DFU mode, RedSn0w will start jailbreaking iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G on iOS 4.3.5 tethered. When done, your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will be jailbroken tethered on iOS 4.3.5.
How to Tether Boot
Each time you reboot/restart/turn off your iDevice you will have to connect it to a computer in order to boot it into jailbreak state. In order to do that:
Open Redsn0w, provide it the IPSW file and choose the option Just boot tethered right now (uncheck all other options) and proceed. You will have to do this every time your device reboots or loses power.