The official Facebook app for iPad is still in development and rumors of its availability have been making rounds from day 1. However, the jailbreak users can install Facebook app for iPad (the official unreleased version) right now! Hit the jump to learn; how to install Facebook app for iPad…
Facebook recently updated the Facebook app for iPhone to version 3.4.4. It appears the official Facebook app for iPad may become available in the App Store relatively soon, as the Facebook iPad app is actually hidden away, inside the iPhone app 3.4.4 and actually executable! It was just a matter of time for iGeeks to find out about it and unlock the iPad guts of the Facebook app.
- Your iPad must be jailbroken. You can Jailbreak iPad with JailbreakMe, PwnageTool, Sn0wbreeze and RedSn0w.
- You must install the latest Facebook iPhone app on your iPad and login before proceeding.
How to Install Facebook app for iPad
Update: Facebook has blocked the logins on iPad app enabled using the steps mentioned below. However, Chpwn has released FaceForce to re-enable and Install Facebook iPad app. Here’s detailed guide:
- Download and install the latest Facebook app available in the App Store (Download Link) and loin to your Facebook account via the app.
- Now SSH into iPad or install iFile from Cydia. For this guide we’ll be using iFile which is available in Cydia.
- Open iFile, Tap on the Preferences and turn the Application Names ON.
Now navigate to the following directory in File: /var/mobile/applications/Facebook/Facebook.app
Now scroll down and locate the info.plist and open it in Property List Viewer.
Now locate UIDeviceFamily and tap on it to modify it. Change the value to 2 and hit the Done button.
That’s it. Reboot your iPad and enjoy the Facebook app on iPad with iPad GUI. via [ipaditalia]
- Make Calls and Receive/Send SMS from iPad 3G with PhoneIt-iPad
- How to Enable Video Mirroring on iPad 1
- Install iMovie on iPad 1