iPhone and iPad on iOS 4.x.x secretly tracks you location (all your moves). Security researchers made new discovery that Apple’s iOS for iPhone, iPad tracks device’s longitude and latitude. That location information is then stored on your computer’s hard drive once it’s synchronized with the device and can later be accessed by anyone with right computer skills/softwares.
In the light of this secretly location tracking discovery, Ryan Petrich has released a Cydia tweak “Untrackerd” to prevent iOS from tracking your location and saving it to consolidated.db.
- Continuously clean up location’s history data in the background.
- This package installs a daemon (process that can run in the background) to clean the consolidated.db file.
- No new icons are added to your homescreen. There are no options to configure.
Your device must be jailbroken to install untrackerd. You can jailbreak your device using the guides linked below:
- Now open Cydia from your homescreen;
- Go to Search tab and search for Untrackerd;
- and install it.