It was all over the cloud that Apple would unveil iOS 5 on the iPad 2 March 2nd but many were surprised when Apple didn’t even mention the iOS 5 on the event. Now MacRumors reports that apple is going to hold an iOS 5 event in April.
According to a German site Macerkopf.de claims [Google translation] Apple is planning an early April media event to introduce iOS 5 and revamped MobileMe services, MacRumors reports. The report indicates that the event would take place in the 14th or 15th week of the year (first or second full week in April) on Apple’s Campus.
An early-to-mid April developer event to show off the next-generation iOS version would be in line with Apple’s pattern in recent years as it seeks to get third-party developers on board ahead of a public release in June or July alongside new iPhone hardware. For example, last year’s iOS 4 event took place on April 8th at the company’s headquarters in Cupertino. We do not, however, have much of a track record for Macerkopf.de when it comes to rumors, so it is difficult to assess a level of confidence in the claims.
Rumored new iOS 5 features include overhauled notifications system. iOS 4.3, the next iOS installment is hitting masses on March 11. We’ve already posted detailed iOS 4.3 features.
You can follow us on Twitter, Join us at Facebook, and also Subscribed to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.
- iOS 5 Features List (What’s New)
- Download iOS 5 Beta 1 for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch [Developers only]
- iOS 5 Jailbreak on iPod Touch 4G has been achieved!
- How to Install iOS 5 Beta Without UDID Registered or Developer Account
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch with RedSn0w 0.9.8b
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.8
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.8b2 – iOS 5 beta jailbreak
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta with Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS (Old BootRom) iOS 5 with Sn0wBreeze 2.8 [Untethered]
- iOS 5 beta 2 Download Available Now!
- Jailbreak iOS 5 beta 2 with RedSn0w 0.9.8b
so 3Gs will be phased out? i guess the last iOS for 3Gs will be 4.3