Saurik finally released Cydia 1.1.1. The new build comes with speed improvement, resume and multiple language support. According to Saurik, Cydia 1.1 is faster, slimmer, and more stable; including an improved search algorithm and “resume where you left off”.
In case you don’t know, Cydia is a jailbreak App Store that brings you all those apps which could not make their way into the iTunes AppStore.
Cydia 1.1.1 Features include:
- The ability to run and operate Activator, libstatusbar, and SimulatedKeyEvents while Cydia is running
- an overall speed improvement, including the “Loading Changes” dialog
- “much less” memory usage
- A more advanced search mechanism with a new relevancy algorithm
- Better management of broken repositories
- Read our previous post for full details about what’s new in Cydia.
To update to Cydia 1.1.1:
- Simply launch Cydia from your jailbroken iDevice
- Refresh your packages (done automatically)
- You will be prompted to upgrade “Essential packages” or “Complete Upgrade”. Select “Complete Upgrade”.
- Cydia will be updated to version 1.1.1 and then will require you to restart Cydia.
You can follow us on Twitter, Join us at Facebook, and also Subscribed to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.
With this new version of Cydia, I can’t see the list of packages that are installed on my device anymore. They removed the “Packages” section from the “Manage” tab. Now I have to go through each repository and scroll through way too many packages not on my device to find a package I want to uninstall or reinstall. I hope they put back the manage packages section, and soon!
I was mistaken about the manage packages section. It’s still there, although I don’t know why it was bypassed the first time I ran the new Cydia. All is well and thank you Saurik!
I messed up and click essential only clicked the home button when the change and updated now it is stuck at downloading packages with cydia with updates (as if u were downloading a cydia app like .deb) and it won’t go anywhere does it just take a long time?
Only errors since 1.1.1 i think is not so stable like saurik write
I get an error from one of my sources for video wallpaper every time I open up Cydia, the source is i.danstaface.net. I have removed and reinstalled it several times to no avail ?It works, but gives the error all the time. It also takes a whole lot longer to “reload data” ? Any help would be much appreciated . Thanx !
I clicked “upgrade essential” and it didn’t finish upgrading. Please tell me how to do a complete upgrade. Thanks
go to changes tab.. refresh.. and update
Thanks iPhoneHeat. Did refresh but still didn’t finish upgrading. I still get the notice that error with loading cydia.hackulos.us, NODATA, NODATA2 and that old packages are being used. Clueless as to what to do
my i phone is unlock but cydia no working
how to make a work
my cydia was fine until the update and now it wont load any new packages, all the old ones are still there i just cant get any new ones. 🙁