RedSn0w 0.9.7b1 is out now to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G. Follow the instructions below to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad using RedSn0w 0.9.7b1.
- RedSn0w 0.9.7b1 Supports iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad for now
- iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad Must be running iOS 4.2.1
- iOS 4.2 beta 3
- SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2 beta 3 via Cydia
- Mac OS X machine
- If you depend on UltraSn0w unlock, STAY AWAY from iOS 4.2.1 and RedSn0w.
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- The Bluetooth functionality is disabled for now.
Disclaimer: This guide is for educational and information purposes only. Follow the steps below at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Let’s untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad using RedSn0w 0.9.7b1.
Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G with RedSn0w 0.9.7b1
All the required stuff is linked at bottom for download.
This backup plan for untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak depends on iOS 4.2 beta 3 SHSH blobs. Make sure you’ve SHSH blobs for iOS 4.2 beta 3 saved via Cydia. To check:
- Open Cydia and let the page load.
- Look at the top of the page if you’ve 4.2b3 listed next to SHSH.
If you don’t have SHSH 4.2b3 saved in Cydia, this guide in NOT for you. If SHSH 4.2b3 blobs are listed on Cydia front page, continue reading.
Restore iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone 4, iPad or iPod Touch 4G and keep it connect to your Mac via USB.
*You can skip this step if you’re already running iOS 4.2.1/tethered jailbroken iOS 4.2.1.
- Download usbmuxd
- Extract usbmuxd
- Start Terminal in python-client directory.
- Execute the following commands:
chmod +x tcprelay.py
./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222
Execute the Redsn0w0.9.7b1 (Download link below)
Hit the Browse button and select official iOS 4.2.1 firmware (download link below). It will recognize your IPSW file. then hit Next.
Now check mark Jailbreak Monte (untether). It will ask for iOS 4.2 beta 3 IPSW.
Browse and select iOS 4.2 beta 3 IPSW (Download below)
Now make sure your your iPhone 4, iPad or iPod Touch 4G is turned OFF and Plugged in to the Mac. Then hit Next
Now you’ll be instructed to put your iDevice into DFU Mode. Follow the on screen instructions.
Once you’ve successfully entered into DFU mode, RedSn0w will start jailbreaking iOS 4.2.1 untethered. When done! your iPhone 4, iPad or iPod Touch 4G will jailbroken untethered on iOS 4.2.1.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.7b1
- Download iOS 4.2.1
- Download iOS 4.2 Beta 3 (Google & Torrents are your friend)
- Download iTunes 10.1.1