Safari Download Manager, an extension to iPhone Safari App, has been updated with iOS 4, iPhone 4 and iPad support. Safari Download Manager 1.5.0 brings a full download manager to Safari on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
Complete change-log after the jump…
Safari Download Manager is an extension that adds a powerful, highly-configurable download manager to the iPhone’s web browser. Like never before, you can take control over downloaded file types, and harness the true power of the network connection on your device.
- Choose to download more than one file at a time!
- Choose to break out of the limited downloading you used to do!
- Choose to make your iPhone the mobile computing platform it deserves to be!
- Choose Safari Download Manager for all your downloading needs!
New in Safari Download Manager
- iPad support! iOS4.x support! iPhone4 support!
- Less UI stupidity! (blame Safari)
- Support for Download vs Download To! Downloads save to the default download directory unless Download To is selected.
- Change the default download directory to ~/Media/Downloads (instead of ~/Library/Downloads)
- Save downloads anywhere in /var/mobile!
- Resume more downloads than before!
- Configurable download retrying! Configurable download queue length!
- Don’t overwrite files indiscriminately! Only overwrite them discriminately! (Never!)
- Fix some memory leaks.
- Fix the bug that caused large downloads (>2GB) to show up as negative.
- Add tap&hold downloading for images (like “Save Image”, except saves it to a user-chosen location and not the photo library.)
You can purchase and download Safari Download Manager from Cydia store for $5.00. You iDevice MUST be jalbroken. Jailbreak guides are linked below.