iOS 4.0.2 is now available for download. You can jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.0.2 with RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-5. iPhone 3G running iOS 4.0.2 jailbreak instructions can be found below. RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-5 can only jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) only.
NOTE: JailbreakMe that was released to jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and all iPod Touch 3G, 2G, doesn’t work on iOS 4.0.2. However, existing version of RedSn0w jailbreak can still jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) on iOS 4.0.2 firmware.
- This guide is for iPhone 3G users only.
- RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-5 is a jailbreak, NOT an unlock.
- iOS 4.0.2 does NOT update baseband so you can Unlock iPhone 3G with UltraSn0w after jailbreak.
- RedSn0w hacktivates iPhone 3G iOS 4.0.2.
Let’s jailbreak iPhone 3G running iOS 4.0.2 firmware with RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-5.
Disclaimer: This guide for educational purposes only. So, try it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.0.2 with RedSn0w
Download the the required stuff linked at the bottom. Download both the firmware 4.0 and 4.0.2.
Restore iOS 4.0.2 on your iPhone 3G. you need iTunes 9.2.1 to do that. (Links below)
- Run the downloaded redsn0w 0.9.5 beta.
- Hit the Browser button. Select the iOS 4.0 IPSW file. (Yes iOS 4.0 NOT 4.0.1, that’s the tricky part)
- Check mark Cydia and hit next button.
- Check mark Enable Multitasking and Wallpaper (uncheck if you don’t want to enable these options because these slow down the iPhone)
- You’ll be instructed to put your iPhone into DFU Mode to install jailbreak.
- When your iPhone 3G comes back up, you’ll notice Cydia has a blank white icon. Allow Cydia to reorganize, then accept the update it offers. When Cydia restarts, you should see its real logo now.
that’s it. You’ve successfully jailbroken iPhone 3G iOS 4.0.2 firmware with RedSn0w.