In this Guide you’ll learn how to save SHSH blobs for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. Now, it’s necessary for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G users to save SHSH blobs to secure future jailbreak just like we do for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 2G (MC) and iPad.
Why to Save SHSH Blobs for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G?
Dev-team explains: Those of you with jailbroken iPhone3G and ipt2G devices may now have noticed Cydia starting to save your SHSH blobs too, just like it does for iPhone3GS, ipt3G and later devices. That’s because starting with 4.0, Apple started putting a “soft” SHSH blob check in the firmware. The SHSH blob check is very real in the sense that if iTunes can’t get your blobs (because the Apple signing window has closed), the iTunes restore will error out. But it’s “soft” in the sense that those devices can always use redsn0w or PwnageTool to get past the error (the bootroms themselves for those devices don’t require blobs to be in the firmware files, unlike the newer bootroms).
Furthermore, since the 3.x IPSWs for these devices don’t enforce it, you can always restore to 3.x IPSWs outside of any signing windows.
So, Cydia is doing this to allow you to continue to use iTunes to restore to 4.x on iPhone3G and ipt2g outside of Apple’s signing window without needing to use redsn0w or PwnageTool to get around Apple’s annoying new restriction.
- iOS 3.x firmwares for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G are NOT affected by Soft SHSH signatures, so you can restore OS 3.1.3, 3.1.2 or older without SHSH. This applies to OS 4.x only.
- It’s too late to save blobs for iOS 4.0 firmware but NOT for iOS 4.0.1.
Save SHSH Blobs for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G
If you’re jailbroken:
- Open Cydia.
- On Cydia’s home screen you’ll find a button “Make my Life Easier, thanks!”, Tap on it.
- A message saying “This device has a pending TSS request” will appear on the top of Cydia Home Page. (Screenshots below)
That’s it. You’ve submitted a ticket on Cydia to save SHSH blobs. It’ll appear in a few days. If you can’t wait and want to save SHSH blobs instantly, follow the second method below.
TinyUmbrella can save SHSH blobs Regardless of jailbreak and instantly. Follow the guide linked below to save SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella.
Note: NotCom is updating TinyUmbrella for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G.
- Jailbreak iPhone 4
- Unlock iPhone 4
- Downgrade iOS 4 to 3.1.3/3.1.2 using TinyUmbrella
- AppSync 4: Install Cracked apps on iOS 4
- Download iTunes 9.2.1