iPhone 3Gs users with old bootrom can jailbreak iOS 4 firmware using Sn0wBreeze 1.6.2 and PwnageTool 4. But both tools also required you iPhone 3GS to be already jailbroken but not with Spirit jailbreak in order to successfully restore custom firmware on iPhone 3GS (old bootrom).
But now Spirit jailbroken users can also restore custom firmware iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) using Spirit2Pwn patch from Cydia.
UPDATE: *** Comex has released the All iDevices jailbreak. Check the Update at the bottom. ***
Spirit2Pwn adds support for iOS 4 custom firmware restore to the iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) that is already jailbroken with Spirit jailbreak. This Spirit2Pwn patch is for iPhone 3GS users jailbroken using Spirit on OS 3.1.3/3.1.2 with Old BootRom only.
WARNING: Please Note that it’s an unofficial release and Don’t Try This On New BootRom.
DISCLAIMER: This guide is for testing and educational purposes only. Use it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS (Jailbroken with Spirit) Using Spirit2Pwn
- Assuming that you’ve already jailbroken 3GS on 3.1.3/3.1.2 with Spirit. Simply go to Cydia.
- Add the following source: http://repo.woowiz.net
- Now search for Spirit2Pwn in Cydia.
- Install Spirit2Pwn
After installing Spirit2Pwn, you can jailbreak iOS 4 firmware using Sn0wBreeze 1.6, PwnageTool 4 or can also use ready made custom iOS 4 and then unlock iOS 4 on baseband 05.12.01, Baseband 05.13.04 and 05.11.07 using UltraSn0w 0.93.
- Download Sn0wBreeze 1.7 and Jailbreak iPhone 3GS NEW BootRom iOS 4, Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G iOS 4, Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (MC) iOS 4
- Download Sn0wBreeze 1.8 and Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Beta
- Download Sn0wBreeze (All versions New & Old)