You can jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC) with RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5-5. In this guide you’ll learn how to jailbreak iPhone 3G and jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) running iOS 4.1 using RedSn0w 0.9.5b5-5. Read the important part below and continue jailbreaking your iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) on iOS 4.1 firmware.
- RedSn0w is a Jailbreak NOT an unlock.
- RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5-5 supports both the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G (non-MC version).
- RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5-5 jailbreaks iOS 4.1 beta 1 and iOS 4.0 final
- It also hacktivates iPhone 3G
- iOS 4.1 beta comes with updated baseband which is NOT unlockable ATM. So, all the iPhone 3G users depending on unlock MUST stay away from iOS 4.1.
- For both Windows and Mac OS X.
NOTE: Apple is expected to push iOS 4.01 to general public soon and will stop signing iOS 4.0 so it’s best time to save SHSH blobs of iOS 4.0 for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 3G, 2G (MC) in order to secure future jailbreak:
How to: save SHSH blobs for iOS 4 with TinyUmbrella
Disclaimer: This guide for educational purposes only. So, try it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Let’s start jailbreaking iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G running iOS 4.1 beta with RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta 5-5.
Jailbreak iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) iOS 4.1 beta
Download the the required stuff linked at the bottom.
Restore iOS 4.1 on your iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (non-MC). you need iTunes 9.2 to do that. (Links below)
- Run the downloaded redsn0w 0.9.5 beta.
- Hit the Browser button. Select the iOS 4.0 IPSW file. Yes iOS 4.0 Not the iOS 4.1 that’s the tricky part.
- Check mark Cydia and hit next button.
- Check mark Enable Multitasking and Wallpaper (uncheck if you don’t want to enable these options)
- You’ll be instructed to put your iPhone into DFU Mode to install jailbreak.
- When your iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) comes back up, you’ll notice Cydia has a blank white icon (we told you many things were broken right now!) Allow Cydia to reorganize, then accept the update it offers. When Cydia restarts, you should see its real logo now.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Windows: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Mac: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download iOS 4.1 beta
- Download iOS 4.0
- Download iTunes 9.2
- iPhone 4 Unlocked by Dev-Team
- iPhone 4 Jailbreak is ready
- Jailbreak iOS 4
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS New BootRom, 3G iOS 4 with Sn0wBreeze and RedSn0w
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G with Sn0wBreeze and RedSn0w
- Unlock iOS 4
- Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G with UltraSn0w 0.93
Update 1: Download iOS 4.0.1
Update 2: Jailbreak iOS 4.0.1
- Jailbreak Me 2.0: the New Userland Jailbreak by Comex
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe
You can follow us on Twitter, Join us at Facebook, and also Subscribed to RSS Feed to receive latest updates on iPhone 4, iPod Touch and iPad jailbreak, UltraSn0w unlock and iOS.
Lo voy a hacer en este momento … y les comentare q pasa … Saludos.
when i try to Browse Iphone 3G 4.0.1 Firmware in RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5.its says ”unable to recognize Specified IPSW”’
What is this problem????
Point it to iOS 4.0 NOT 4.1 (that’s the tricky part to jailbreak 4.1 beta or 4.0.1)
but In the Same Software [RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5] when i try to browse iphone 3g 4.0 firmware it says ”IPSW successfully identified””
@KING Ayub This is for the 4.1 beta, not the 4.0.1
I am a new Iphone user and just got 3gs which is factory unlocked and it has software 4.0.1. Do i need to install jail break and for what? do anybody guide me how to intall complete games like brother in arms complete?
i did everything till i got to the BROWSE part clicked that and seached high and low for that IPSW file…nowhere to be found…where is it please…
i jailbroke my iphone with 4.1 beta using the ios 4.0. my phone now i cant hear phone calls
how long that it processed?
I have restore Iphone 3g ,,,,,,,, and now I can not call from Iphone
ei sa ma phut in jailbreacku` tau!!!
hey….problem problem here…. need ya help ya help
My iphone 3g was in ios 4.0 n last week i was trying to restore to ios 4.1 n jailbreak via redsnow but i cant unlock to use GSM so what should i do guy?
I need my phone back