UltraSn0w Unlock has been released to unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 with 04.26.08 baseband and old BootRom. Indeed a great news for loyal dev-team followers who used PwnageTool to update firmware but preserved their baseband at 04.26.08.
Update: UltraSn0w 0.93 is out now! and it can Unlock all Basebands.. Check the Updates at the bottom.
- To unlock 3GS with UltraSn0w, your iPhone must be jailbroken. (Jailbreak Guides linked at the bottom)
- Your iPhone 3GS MUST be at 04.26.08 baseband (You can preserve Baseband with PwnageTool during firmware update)
- This works for iPhone 3Gs with Old BootRom only.
- 05.11.07 baseband users can always use BlackSn0w RC2.
- 05.12.01 baseband users need to wait a couple of weeks more. Unlock is ready. They are waiting for iPhone 4 to hit shelves.
Let’s unlock your iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0 GM firmware with baseband 04.26.08 using UltraSn0w 0.92.1. Please follow the steps mentioned below…
How to Unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 with UltraSn0w
- Open the Cydia.
- Go to manage Tab at bottom.
- Hit the big Sources button.
- Hit the Edit button on Top-Right
- Then Hit the Add button on Top-Left
- Then Enter the following URL: http://ios4.ultrasn0w.org and hit the Add Source button.
- Once the Source is added to the Cydia, hit the big return to Cydia button at bottom of the screen and then Done button.
- Go to Search tab and search for ultrasn0w and install it.
Installing UltraSn0w 0.92.1 will unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0. Once the installation is completed, reboot your iPhone.
Voila! You have unlocked your 3GS and can use SIM from any carrier now.
Unlock iOS 4.0
All guides to unlock iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G are posted here:
- How to: Unlock iOS 4.0
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0
to jailbreak iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS you can follow the guides linked below:
- AppSync 4.0 for iOS 4.0: Install Cracked Apps
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.0 with redSn0w
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.0 with redSn0w
- Download iOS 4.0
Update 1: UltraSn0w 0.93: Unlock iPhone 3GS, 3G (All Baseband)