iPhone Dev-Team has released UltraSn0w 0.92.1 to unlock iOS 4.0 on iPhone 3GS, 3G with baseband 04.26.08. Yes, your iPhone MUST be at baseband 04.26.08 and running iOS 4.0 GM firmware.
Update: UltraSn0w 0.93 is Out Now! It can unlock all basebands for iPhone 3GS and 3G. (Check the Updates at the bottom)
“Version 0.92.1 of the ultrasn0w unlock is meant for those with baseband 04.26.08 running on 4.0GM. It does not use any new exploits, it merely fixes a logfile permission problem.”
A new ultrasn0w capable of unlocking 4.0’s baseband isn’t yet released because both the final 4.0 and iPhone 4 are coming out next week. Please be patient.
- Your iPhone on iOS 4.0 Must be Jailbroken with PwnageTool (Jailbreak guides are linked at the bottom)
- Your iPhone Baseband MUST be 04.26.08. To check your baseband: Settings> General> About> Modem Firmware
- This works for iPhone 3GS with Old BootRom only.
- 05.11.07 baseband users can always use BlackSn0w RC2.
- 05.12.01 baseband users need to wait a couple of weeks more. Unlock is ready. They are waiting for iPhone 4 to hit shelves.
Unlock iPhone Baseband 04.26.08 with UltraSn0w
If you’re running baseband 04.26.08 on iOS 4.0 GM firmware and want to unlock your iPhone 3GS/3G with UltraSn0w 0.92.1, follow the guides linked below:
- How to: Unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 with UltraSn0w
- How to: Unlock iPhone 3G iOS 4.0 with UltraSn0w
Jailbreak iOS 4.0
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.0
Unlock iOS 4.0
- How to: Unlock iOS 4.0
- AppSync 4.0 for iOS 4.0: Install Cracked Apps
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.0 with redSn0w
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.0 with redSn0w
- Download iOS 4.0