Apple has released the iOS 4 firmware for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 3G and 2G along with SDK 4. On Moday, June 7th Apple renamed iPhone OS 4 to iOS 4. iOS 4 firmware Build 8A293 is now available to developers enrolled in the iPhone Dev Program masses. iOS 4 Final will be released to masses in a couple of weeks.
iOS 4 brings a lot of new features for both developers and users as well. The iOS 4 firmware is build 8A293 and iOS 4 SDK is build 10M2262. iOS 4 is not available to general public. However if you still want to give it a shot and download iOS 4, read the warning below and scroll down to find download links.
WARNING: Jailbreakers and iPhone unlocker MUST stay away from iOS 4 until the dev-team or someone releases new jailbreak and unlock tools for iOS firmware. iOS 4 requires iTunes 9.2. Updates will be posted at the bottom.
NOTE: iOS 4 fully supports iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G but in iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G some features like multitasking won’t work (+1 reason to jailbreak). Apple has discontinued firmware updates for both iPhone 2G and iTouch 1G. Apple has also announced to release iOS 4 for iPad later this year.
UPDATE – iOS 4 Final:
iOS 4.0 final is available now Download it from here:
Download iOS 4
Download iOS 4.0 for iPhone 4
- Mirror 1: iPhone3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Rapidshare)
- Mirror 2: iPhone3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Apple)
Download iOS 4.0 for iPhone 3GS
- Mirror 1: iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Rapidshare)
- Mirror 2: iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Apple)
Download iOS 4.0 for iPhone 3G
- Mirror 1: iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Rapidshare)
- Mirror 2: iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Apple)
Download iOS 4.0 for iPod Touch 3G
- Mirror 1: iPod3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Rapidshare)
- Mirror 2: iPod3,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Apple)
Download iOS 4.0 for iPod Touch 2G
- Mirror 1: iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Rapidshare)
- Mirror 2: iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw (Apple)