Comex has finally released the spirit Jailbreak for the untethered jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3, iPad 3.2 and iPod Touch 3.1.3. Spirit was expected to be released on last Friday but the developer hold it to allow time to save SHSH blobs for iPad 3G, WiFi, iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 and iPod Touch 3G 3.1.3. According to Comex, Spirit is a userland jailbreak, just not Safari based.
- Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
- Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
- If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
- Spirit Jailbreak supports Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
- An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
- Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
- Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
Note: On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages in Cydia, not designed for iPad, might screw up your system and require you to restore. Be careful. (And no, Cydia’s appearance is not final.)
SHSH blobs are not used in jailbreak, but you do need it to restore or downgrade an older firmware if something goes wrong or you accidentally upgrade. For 3.1.2 (required for blackra1n, etc.), Apple is no longer handing out blobs, but for 3.1.3 and 3.2, you can still get blobs– and should do so ASAP! To do this, if you are currently jailbroken, just open Cydia; if you are not, I recommend using The Firmware Umbrella or you can also use AutoSHSH (Steps are same for all devices). Make sure to select the right firmware version.
Download Spirit Jailbreak
You can download Spirit Jailbreak for Windows and Mac from here.
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1.3, 3.1.2 with Spirit
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G 3.1.3 with Spirit
- How to: Jailbreak iPad 3.2 with Spirit
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3