Mac users please continue reading. Windows users please navigate to this guide:
- BlackRa1n jailbreaks all iPhones and iPod Touch models
- BlackRa1n jailbreak will work with the latest 3.1.2 firmware.
- It will not hacktivate your iPhone. This means that if you are using an unlocked iPhone 3GS or 3G then stay away from it because BlackRa1n requires to update your iPhone to OS 3.1.2 resulting in updating your Baseband as well which means your iPhone will NOT activate on unofficial carrier.
- Use BlackRa1n only if you do NOT care about Unlock (You’re on official carrier).
- BlackRa1n also Jailbreaks iPod Touch 3G but it’s a tethered jailbreak. Which means whenever you would restart your Touch or it turns OFF because of empty battery then you will need to rerun BlackRa1n.
iPhone 3GS and 3G users who have unlocked their iPhone must stay away from BlackRa1n otherwise their iPhone will locked because of Baseband update. Wait for the next PwnageTool update to safely update to OS 3.1.2. If you’re already on OS 3.1 or 3.1.2 without using PwnageTool then you can NOT unlock your iPhone atleast for now. In this case you can now use BlackRa1n to atleast jailbreak your iPhone.
If you’re dependent on UltraSn0w Unlock, We strongly recommend you to use PwnageTool:
and in the end, usual warning applies: Use it on your Own.
Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch using BlackRa1n
- Update your iTunes to latest version.
- Update to firmware 3.1.2 via iTunes or manually install iPhone OS 3.1.2 in your iPod Touch or iPhone. You can download iPhone OS 3.1.2 from here:
All iPhone Firmwares
Go to: http://www.blackra1n.com and download BlackRa1n by clicking on the Mac icon at the bottom of the page and save it on your desktop.
Double click on the BlackRa1n.zip file to extract it. Now execute the BlackRa1n.
Now connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your Mac and hit the make it Ra1n button.
Now your iPhone will go into Recovery Mode.
Regular Recovery Mode screen will be replaced with picture of GeoHot.
After the BlackRa1n has done its stuff, your iPhone or iPod will Reboot.
Then a Popup will appear telling you that BlackRa1n is a free tool and if you like it you can donate at [email protected]
Once your iPhone is back ON you will see a BlackRa1n named icon on your iPhone SpringBoard. Which means your iPhone or iPod Touch has successfully been jailbroken.
Tap on the BlackRa1n icon on SpringBoard. (Make sure your iPhone/iPod have internet connection)
Now choose your desired installer from the given choices and press the Install button at top-right.
BlackRa1n will download your selected package and then install it.
Once all done your iPhone/iPod will respring and you will find your selected package icon on SpringBoard.
Check if your installer package is working fine. Now you may remove BlackRa1n icon from your SpringBoard by uninstalling it.
That’s it. If you have any problem or any query, use the comment section.
Now you can also checkout how to install cracked Games on your iPhone/iPod Touch.
ATTENTION!!! iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G users:
Open up the Cydia and make sure you accept the option to store your ECID SHSH on Saurik’s server. It will put you on the safe side for future jailbreak. By doing this you’ll be able to downgrade to the firmware for which you saved your ECID SHSH on Saurik’s srver.
You can check for which firmware you have saved your ECID SHSH by looking at the top of the Cydia Home screen: