Finally the wait is over for all Windows users who want to jailbreak iPhone or iPod Touch running iPhone OS 3.1/3.1.2. Please read the complete post before trying BlackRa1n.
BlackRa1n is available for Windows users only. GeoHot has provided following information about his iPhone Jailbreak tool (BlackRa1n):
So, what is blackra1n? blackra1n is a 30 second ALL device 3.1.2 jailbreak. Even the ipt3, but the ipt3 is tethered. In order to boot it, just rerun blackra1n. As far as donations go, they are much appreciated, but not until after blackra1n works for you. I never ask for donations before the tool is released.
GeoHot also warned iPhone 3GS and 3G users who want to unlock their iPhones to not to upgrade to OS 3.1.2 using iTunes directly:
Warning 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. Check out the dev team’s offerings. Also blackra1n doesn’t hacktivate.
- BlackRa1n jailbraks iPhone OS 3.1 and 3.1.2.
- BlackRa1n does NOT unlock your iPhone.
- BlackRa1n doesn’t hacktivate your iPhone. So, you MUST be using an official carrier.
- If you’ve an iPhone 3G or 3GS and have unlocked it to use on unofficial carrier then you better stay away from updating to OS 3.1/3.1.2. Wait for an updated version of PwnageTool from the Dev-Team.
- BlackRa1n provides only tethered jailbreak for iPod Touch 3G. Which means on restarting your Touch you will need to rerun BlackRa1n.
- In short, If you want to only jailbreak your iPhone and don’t care about unlocking it, then you can try blackra1n
Download BlackRa1n to Jailbreak iPhones and iPod Touches
If you want to only jailbreak your iPhone and don’t care about unlocking it, then you can download BlackRa1n from Official Site.
Coming Up: Learn how to use BlackRa1n to Jailbreak iPhone and iPod Touch:
i had a ipod touch 1g and it worked fine. when i bought a 2g itouch it wiorks also, but when i put in winterboard it reboots and goes into restore mode. also just bought it like 2-4 days ago