USB Fever has announced a Dual SIM adapter for iPhone. Using this Q-Dual SIM card adapter, you can manually switch between two SIM cards in your iPhone. This Dual SIM card adapter for iPhone is packaged with an external battery and case.
It’s unclear whether this dual SIM adapter will bypass the carrier lock or it’s for two legit SIMs only. If it’s just for Legit SIMs, then it’s targeting international travelers (AT&T and O2 SIMs for instance when flying to UK from US).
Features of this Dual SIM card adapter for iPhone includes:
- One iPhone (3G / 3G s) with 2 SIM Cards (see note below)
- No need to cut your SIM CARD
- STK Menu (see installations below)
- Portable power pack (Enough Power to hold your iPhone for days while you are travelling)
- Access to all ports of your iPhone 3G / 3Gs
- As a protective case to your iPhone 3G / 3Gs (made with same material used in iPhone 3G)
- Perfect integration, almost no seams, no longer bulky
- To Sync with your PC / Mac even when the battery is on
- No need to take off the battery even you need to Sync your iPhone 3G / 3Gs
- To control when to have Data HotSync and when to charge
- USB Cable for charging (hidden USB Cable for your data connection and charging anytime,anywhere, and always with you)
- LED Power Indicator
Installation Instructions for Dual SIM Adopter:
See pictures Below plus
– Home ==> settings ==> Phone ==> SIM Applications: select your desire SIM card
(If you don’t want it to select SIM card for you when the signal is low, please don’t select “auto/SW)
Note once you’ve chosen to another sim card, it will have a message “No SIM Card installed”, please wait 1 or 2 minutes, it needs aound 1 ~ 2 minutes to search, during this time, “No SIM” will appear in the top right of your iphone’s screen.
– When the battery is with the case, the LED will be always on (blue). When the battery is being charging, it will be in Red.
– For sync with PC / charge with PC / Mac, please turn the Charge Button to “OFF” – This devices does NOT support DUAL STANDBY Mode but you can switch between them.
– Due to complexity of network compatibility, we cannot 100% guarantee its compatibility with your network, we can only guarantee the compatibility of the battery part, but if you have problems of compatibility, we will try our best to help you.
Dual Sim Adapter for iPhone is available for $59.99 from USB Fever.
Thanks for sharing this useful product. I am sure all iphone lovers will think about trying this.
Also available that solution that seems to be more simplest to get 2 SIM in your mobile I use an older version of simore with my BB B9000 but consider getting an iphone and can only see for now and it look serious this platinum from this swiss company
Simore at http://www.simore.eu
The dual SIM holder platinum
This was first Launched by iLLuminatik http://www.illuminatik.com and it is so far the Best dual sim card for iPhone 3G/3Gs because you do not need to cut your sim card and works on 3G
hi mike the platinum holder works in 3G and fit in the phone, don’t want to have such big platic thing, horrible design for a so nice iphone
can you use any sim card with this device
Does this hardware support 3.1 firmware + will this work if the iphone is locked?
Apparently Only for 3.0 but you can downgrade 3.1 easily.
does this work with latest modem 05.12.01 and firmware 3.1.3?
Don’t waste your time with this stuff, go to http://www.g-telware.com
I have bought their GDSI3G, perfect solution!
You have experience of both?
On the one you have can you talk on Sim “1” while recieving a message on Sim “2”?
Ah! I see it is no longer available??
Same thing with all “cut” dual sim for I Phone so it seems??
hmm, this is old iphone no cut dual sim, it supports GSM network only and not work under 3g mode. I’m using a new Magicsim 26th iphone no cut 3g dual sim. it supports UMTS/HSDPA/WCDMA/GSM/GPRS/EDGE.
Does this hardware support 3.1.3 firmware and modem 05.12.01 ,I have buy This but its not working withe
3.1.3 and modem 05.12.01???????????????????????????
please Reply .Thanks
no. 3.0 firmware only.
There is now New iPhone 4 Dual SIM Case by QYG… Looks like they are same principle http://www.qyg-online.com/product.php?id_product=54
They are same …. ! confirmed on their site
its working on OS4 4.0.1 ihave tested
Hi can you help me? i bought one of these dual sim adaptors for my iphone 3g and when i go to settings and then phone and then sim applications it just comes up with the sim card applications and doesn’t give me the option to switch sims?
how do i go into my iphone settings to be able to activate this?