It’s time to start praying like you’ve never prayed before. Because, Facebook 3.0 for iPhone has been submitted to App Store for Review and we can expect a denial from Apple for no reason. 🙂
“Just uploaded Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to the App Store for review. :)”
Screenshots of Facebook 3.0 for iPhone will be available this Facebook page by next week.
This is what Joe Hewitt said via Twitter:
That means that shortly, we’ll have access to the much-improved app which is scheduled to have features such as a News Feed that is more like the one on Facebook’s site, the ability to “like” items and a new customizable home screen. More importantly, it will also have video support for the iPhone 3GS, something which Hewitt threw-in at the last second, unexpectedly. And perhaps best of all, the app will have the ability to manage events, finally.
- The “new” News Feed
- Events (including the ability to RSVP)
- Create new photo albums
- Upload photos to any album
- Zoom into photos
- Easier photo tagging
- Profile Pictures albums
- A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
- Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
- Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
- Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
- Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call
*** No push notification in Facebook 3.0, that’s road mapped for 3.1, which the developer will be starting work on next.