Today, Apple released the iPhone OS 3.0 to the masses and at the moment you can update to iPhone OS 3.0 via iTunes only. but here we have come up with direct links to Download iPhone OS 3.0 for iPhone and iPod to your PC/Mac and then update it from that downloaded ipsw file.
iPhone OS 3.0 comes with more than 100 new features and some of them are what masses are curious to get into their iPhones. So, wait is over. Find the links to iPhone OS 3.0 of your concerned device below.
General Rules to Upgrading your Firmware:
- Back up your iPhone in iTunes first. If your phone is currently jailbroken and you have any apps hidden or in categories you will need to unhide them before making your back-up. This will avoid the “where are all my icons?” questions after you arrive at 3.0.
- If your phone is currently jailbroken you will need to use the RESTORE button, not the upgrade button. If you upgrade you will automatically lose about 500mb of disk space and never recover it until you finally restore. (This is due to Cydia moving files around). If your phone is not jailbroken then you can use the upgrade button without any issues.
- After you restore you can use your back-up in iTunes to get all your contacts, SMS, photos and App Store apps back. Do NOT ask about cracked apps!
- When you restore you will lose all your jailbroken apps which you will have to manually re-download from Cydia. Some apps are not 3.0 compatible yet.
- If you have an iPhone 3G this will upgrade your baseband and lock your phone. The unlock is not scheduled for release until Friday June 19th.
- If you have a first generation iPhone you can restore to 3.0 and re-jailbreak (when Quickpwn is updated). The baseband stays the same so you will not have to re-unlock.
- The initial release of Quickpwn and Pwnage Tool will be available for download on the iPhone Dev-Team blog. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
How to install iPhone OS 3.0:
- Download iPhone OS 3.0 (ipsw file from below)
- Open iTunes 8.2 and connect your iPod or iPhone
- Hold the shift key on your keyboard and press the restore button on the iPod/iPhone tab in iTunes 8.2
- From the popup browse to where you downloaded iPhone OS 3.0 to and click open
- Wait for your iPhone/iPod to update to 3.0!
Download iPhone OS 3.0
iPhone OS 3.0 for iPhone 3G S (3rd Gen)
iPhone OS 3.0 for iPhone 3G (2nd Gen)
iPhone OS 3.0 for iPhone 2G (1st Gen)
iPhone OS 3.0 for iPod Touch (2nd Gen)
iPhone OS 3.0 for iPod Touch (1st Gen)
- Download iOS 6.0.2
- Download iOS 6.0.1
- Download iOS 6
- Download iOS 5.1.1
- Download iOS 5.1
- Download iOS 5.0.1
- Download iOS 5
- Download iOS 4.3.5
- Download iOS 4.3.4
- Download iOS 4.3.3
- Download iOS 4.3.2
- Download iOS 4.3.1
- Download iOS 4.3
- Download iOS 4.2.1
- Download iOS 4.1
- Download iOS 4.0.2
- Download iOS 4.0.1
- Download iOS 4
- Download iPhone OS 3.1.3
- Download iPhone OS 3.0
can’t download 7a341 version. My xcode/organizer says
The version of iPhone OS on “Adv Svcs iPhone” does not match any of the versions of iPhone OS supported for development with this copy of Xcode. Please restore the device to a version of the OS listed below. If necessary, the latest version of Xcode is available here.
Whats going on?
the link for ipod touch 2g doesnt work?
Very very helpful. In Mumbai India nobody could help with this neither the vodafone guys main branch nor the Apple store guys. This post definitely helped. Thanks a lot 🙂
Plase some help. My iphone was previously jailbroken and i just did the procedure to upgrade to 3.0 with a 2G iphone, but unfortunately i got the following message in itunes after instalation: the SIM card inserted is not compatible…
and the iphone is displaying the itunes icon and the usb cable
how can i go solve this issue?
how come whenever i download a firmware it comes as a zip file and then when i extract it theres no firmware in the folder.
yes i have the same problem any solutions