Electra iOS 11 jailbreak with Cydia is now available to general public. The Jailbreak developer and hacker, coolstar has finally released the highly-anticipated Electra jailbreak for iOS 11 that comes bundled with Cydia. If you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 11 using Electra jailbreak and also install Cydia alongside it, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Electra iOS 11 Jailbreak Compatibility
The Electra jailbreak for iOS 11 supports the following iOS versions:
- iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1
- iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11
The following iOS 11 versions are not supported by Electra iOS 11 jailbreak:
- iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2
Any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch capable of the above-mentioned compatible iOS version can be jailbroken using Electra Jailbreak. The compatibility list includes the following devices:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd Gen, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 5
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
Before proceeding with the jailbreak process, please read these important points first:
- Backup your personal data before trying the jailbreak process:
- Backup using iTunes
- Backup using iCloud
- Make sure your device has sufficient battery level to complete the jailbreak process.
- It is a Semi-untethered jailbreak that is based on Ian Beer’s async_awake exploit. A semi-untethered jailbreak is one that allows the jailbroken device to boot normally but into a non-jailbroken state. However, instead of connecting the device to a computer to re-jailbreak it again – as in case of tethered or semi-tethered jailbreak, the user can re-jailbreak a semi-untethered jailbroken device with the help of an app running on the iOS device.
- Coostar has provided the following points:
- An APFS snapshot is created of / so you may revert it at a later date if needed
- It is recommended to futurerestore if you have blobs before running Electra to ensure the best possible installation
- Cydia is included
- OpenSSH is running on port 22
- Electra repo added by default
- Substitute, Tweak Loader and Substrate Compatibility Layer available from Electra repo
- Many packages need to be updated for both Electra and iOS 11 (make sure they’re updated before installing as they may not work yet)
- RocketBootstrap 1.0.6 or higher is required for use on iOS 11
- Many apps, launch daemons and installation binaries are broken as they require entitlements to be added
How to jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 with Electra Jailbreak and Install Cydia
The process of jailbreaking iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 with Electra jailbreak and installing is not that difficult. Simply follow these steps to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or the iPod Touch:
Step 1: Download Electra Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor
To jailbreak iOS 11 – 11.1.2, you need to download both the Electra Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor from these links:
- Download Electra jailbreak from the official website.
- Download Cydia Impactor from here for Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Avoid downloading Electra jailbreak from any mirror sites, as they may include malware.
Step 2: Sideload/Install Electra IPA
Now that you have downloaded both the Electra IPA and the Cydia Compactor, here is how to install the Electra jailbreak IPA:
- To sideload the IPA, connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using the cable to your computer.
- Launch Cydia Compactor on your PC, and it will identify the connected iPhone or iPad.
- Drag-and-drop the IPA file of the Electra jailbreak onto the interface of Cydia Impactor.
- Input your Apple Developer account ID and password when it asks for. Now, wait for the Cydia Impactor to sideload the signed Electra app on your iOS device.
Step 3: Trust Developer Profile
Once the Cydia Impactor has successfully sideloaded the Electra jailbreak app, it’s time to trust the developer profile installed:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap of Profile(s) & Device Management.
Note: in some iOS version it may just be: General > Device Management.
- Tap the profile associated with Electra jailbreak app.
- Tap on Trust and confirm it.The status should change to Delete app.
Step 4: Run the Jailbreak process
You should now have the Electra jailbreak app on your Home screen.
- Launch the Electra jailbreak app by tapping on it.
- Press the Jailbreak button to begin the jailbreak process.
- The process comprises of three stages. The second stage may take a bit longer to complete.
- After second stage your device should respring
- After the completion of jailbreak process, you should see Cydia on your Home screen.
- To see if the jailbreak process completed successfully, re-launch the Electra app on your device and it should inform you that your device is “Already Jailbroken.”
That’s it! You have successfully jailbreak iOS 11 – 11.1.2 with Electra jailbreak tool. Now that you have Cydia installed on your jailbroken device, you can easily install your desired jailbreak apps and tweaks. Just make sure that those apps/tweaks are compatible with iOS jailbreak.
How to make Semi-Untethered Jailbreak Work?
As mentioned earlier, h3lix jailbreak is a semi-untethered jailbreak, which means the jailbreak will stop working after every reboot. Any jailbreak app or tweak will stop working after the restart. To re-enter the jailbreak mode, you will need to launch the Electra jailbreak app and follow the on-screen instruction to re-jailbreak.
Does Electra jailbreak app expire?
If you have installed Electra jailbreak app using a free Apple Developer account, it will expire after 7 days. It means you’ll have to re-install it using Cydia Impactor to get another 7 days window. The installation steps are exactly similar to what we have discussed in the original guide above.
Note: you only need the Electra jailbreak app whenever you reboot the device for re-jailbreaking purposes. Even when the app has expired after 7 days, and you do not reboot your device, the jailbreak will keep on working. You would need the app whenever you restart.
Do not forget to share your Electra Jailbreak experience in the comments section below.