Finally, On Monday Apple Unveiled iOS 11 at its Worldwide Developers Conference 2017. Soon after the announcement, the company also released iOS 11 beta 1 to registered iOS Developers. Apple put many new features in its iOS 11. But this time Apple made sure to include much-needed features for iPad.
If you already have developers account you can install iOS 11 Beta 1 version on iPhone or iPad and then you can test the new feature of iOS 11. In this guide, we are going to show you how to install iOS 11with developer profile.
On the other hand, if you don’t have a developer account, you can still download and install iOS 11 on your device rather than waiting for official release of iOS 11 for the public. Here is how to:
How to install iOS 11 beta without developer account
For easy installation of iOS 11 on your device, connect your device with a better internet connection. We would recommend you to try this on your secondary phone, not on your personal phone. Before proceeding with the steps, please make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or the iPod Touch is on iOS 11 compatibility list.
How to Install iOS 11 Beta on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Here are the detailed steps to download and install iOS 11 on your device:
Backup your personal data
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your device.
- Then click on the device icon in the menu bar.
- Then select This computer under Automatically Back Up section.
- Now click on Back up Now (click on Encrypt Backup if you want to secure your backup file with a password).
- Include applications in your backup if you also want to save them.
Register your account for the iOS 11 Beta
Apple’s developer’s account (without paying) is required to download the iOS 11 beta on your iPhone or iPad. Here is how you can register your account to download iOS 11 beta:
- Open Safari browser and go to developer.apple.com on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then click on Download New Betas tab.
- Now you have to Sign in with your developers account user id and password.
- Now go to iOS 11 beta section and expand the downloads by tapping on the down arrow.
- Now download the configuration profile and if device option appears, select iPhone or iPad.
- iOS 11 beta profile will show on your iPhone or iPad. Tap on Install and then you have to enter your passcode if any.
- Agree to the terms and tap on Install.
- Then it will require a restart, tap on Restart.
How to Install iOS 11
Once you have installed the configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or the iPod Touch, it’s time to install iOS 11 after the device restarts:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- When the update shows up, tap on Download and Install. Then enter your passcode if any.
- Tap on Agree to terms and conditions.
- Once again tap on Agree.
- After downloading, your device will reboot and may take several minutes to start.
- Once installed, unlock the device as you normally do.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
That’s it, you have successfully installed iOS 11 beta on your iPhone, iPad, or the iPod Touch