Got an iPhone with T-Mobile? Happy with the device but not the carrier? You can always get your locked iPhone unlocked from T-Mobile. As an iPhone owner on T-Mobile network, you will have to unlock your iPhone before inserting a SIM card of another network. But before switching to another carrier, please check with that new carrier if they allow unlocked iPhone model that you have because not all carriers will accept every unlocked phone on their network.
T-Mobile iPhone unlock requirements
Before jumping straight to the iPhone unlocking process, there are some requirements that you need to fulfill to become eligible for an iPhone unlock code from the T-Mobile. Here is a list of T-Mobile iPhone unlock requirements, as stated by the company itself:
- iPhone must have been bought from T-Mobile.
- The iPhone is not reported as stolen, lost, or blacklisted by T-Mobile.
- Your account with T-Mobile is in good standing and the account cannot already be canceled.
- On a single line of service, only two unlock codes can be requested. It means, if you have two phones in your name with T-Mobile, you can request no more than four unlock codes from T-Mobile.
- Your iPhone meets all the unlocking terms and conditions put in place by T-Mobile.
- You may need to provide proof of purchase and “certain other exceptions may apply.”
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, you may continue with the steps to get an iPhone unlock code from T-Mobile.
How to request iPhone unlock code from T-Mobile?
The most convenient way to begin the T-Mobile iPhone unlocking process is to contact T-Mobile customer support service. You can also go to your nearest T-Mobile store and ask the customer support staff in-person.
Please note that, like most of other carriers, T-Mobile reserves the right to deny any iPhone unlocking request based on their own discretion. So don’t be surprised if they decline your iPhone unlocking request without providing you any specific reason.