Unlocking iPhone gives you the freedom to use it with any compatible network carrier. If you bought your iPhone from Sprint, you can ask Sprint to unlock it.But, to unlock Sprint iPhone, there are certain requirements that you should fulfill before you can get an unlock code for your device.
Please note that not all carriers accept all unlocked phones. If you have a specific carrier in mind to which you wanna switch after unlocking your device, it’s probably best to check with them to see if they support the unlocked version of you phone on their network before making the switch.
Sprint iPhone unlock requirements
Before you can apply for the Sprint iPhone unlocking process, please ensure that your phone and account meet the following requirements put in place by Sprint:
- Your iPhone must be Sprint branded.
- Your iPhone must be capable of Domestic SIM unlock (if unlocking for the domestic U.S.)
- The iPhone must be attached to a Sprint account with “good standing.”
- The iPhone must not have been reported stolen, lost, associated with any fraudulent activity or blacklisted by the Sprint.
- All of your outstanding or pending payments/fees must be cleared.
- You must not have made more than one unlock requests per account in a single year.
Want to unlock Sprint iPhone for international use? there are few other requirements as well:
- The iPhone must be capable of international SIM unlock.
- Your Sprint account and the associated iPhone must have been active for at least 90 days
- For the members of U.S. military deployed overseas, the above-mentioned unlocking requirements still apply. Additionally, you or any relative on the same account must be an active member of a branch of the U.S. military, and have overseas deployment papers, if applicable.
How to Unlock iPhone with Sprint
Since Sprint uses CDMA technology, all the Sprint-branded iPhones that come with a SIM slot, cannot be unlocked to use a SIM from a different carrier.
Sprint says that domestic SIM card-based devices launched after 2015 will be automatically unlocked when they become eligible. Alternatively, you can either chat online with a Sprint customer representative or call (888) 211-4727 (*2 from a Sprint device) to request an unlock for your Sprint iPhone.
For international travel, Sprint offers a unique short-term unlocking. Assuming that you meet the above-mentioned requirements:
- Log into your online Sprint account.
- Click on “My Account” tab.
- Select your phone from the list.
- Under “Manage this device” drop-down menu, select “Unlock device to use int’l SIM.” from the “Manage this device” drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can request a Sprint iPhone unlock for Int’l use over-the-phone at (888) 226-7212.