Now that Apple has released iOS 10.2 final version for all the compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices, it’s time to update your device to the latest version. In this guide, we are going to talk about how to download and install iOS 10.2 on your device.
Here are the quick links to what we have discussed in this guide:
- iOS 10.2 Compatible Devices
- How to Install iOS 10.2 using Over-the-Air Update on iPhone or iPad
- How to Install iOS 10.2 using iTunes on Windows or Mac
iOS 10.2 compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Before proceeding with the installation process, it’s important to see if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch is compatible with iOS 10.2 or not. Here is the list of devices compatible with Apple’s latest mobile operating system:
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod Touch 6g
How to Install iOS 10.2 using Over-the-Air on iPhone or iPad
The easiest way to update to the latest iOS 10.2 is using iOS’s built-in software update feature. It is called over-the-air update. It is fast, easy and user-friendly way to update to iOS 10.
- Make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- Tap on the Settings app on your Home screen.
- Go to General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Press the Download and Install button.
- Input Passcode if prompted.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Finally, tap on Agree again to confirm.
This should begin the automatic download process. You may see “Preparing to download” message and the download will finally begin.
How to Update iOS 10.2 using iTunes on Windows or Mac
If you do not have enough space on your device to install OTA update or the update is not working for whatever reason, you can update to iOS 10.2 using iTunes as well. Here is how to:
- Backup your device using iTunes.
- Launch iTunes on your Windows or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable.
- Click on the device icon at the top-left to go to the device tab.
- Under Summary pane, click on Check for Update.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Input the Passcode on your device, if prompted.
Let the iTunes download and restore iOS 10.2 on your device.