The final iOS 10.0.1 / iOS 10 download links are now available that you can install on your iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, 6, 6 Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad 4 and newer, and iPod touch 6g. Apple iOS 10 / 10.0.1 is now finally released worldwide. Hit the jump to download iOS 10 / 10.0.1 for and learn how to install it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Apple’s latest software update bring a huge list of new features to the compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices. To make things simple and easier to understand for you, we have listed best new features of iOS 10.
Right below you’ll find out the direct download links to iOS 10 / 10.0.1 IPSW file and detailed guides on how to install iOS 10 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch either Over-the-Air or using iTunes if you want a clean install. To see if your device is supported by iOS 10, check out iOS 10 compatible devices list.
How to install iOS 10 on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Before installing iOS 10 update either OTA or clean installing iOS 10 using iTunes, it is highly recommended to backup your personal data on your device. The really helps in case of major software updates in case anything goes wrong during the update process. You can backup your device either using iTunes or on iCloud.
How to install iOS 10 OTA (Over-the-Air)
The easiest way to install any iOS update on iPhone,iPad, or iPod Touch is via OTA update method and same is valid for iOS 10 update. Despite being easier, this method is not recommended if you are going to install a major software version such as iOS 10 because some un-needed files usually get transferred over from the older operating system. Resulting in the waste of storage capacity and performance related issues. But if that’s not a problem for you, continue with the steps mentioned below to install iOS 10 Over-the-Air software update
- Open Settings.
- Go to General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Allow iOS to check for the available OTA software updates.
- Once the iOS 10 software update is detected, tap on Download and Install to start the installation process.
How to clean install iOS 10
We recommend clean installing a major iOS update such as iOS 10. It’s always a good idea to start fresh with every major software update so you may get most of its performance and battery related enhancements and can save some storage space as well. Simply follow these steps to clean install iOS 10 on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using iTunes:
- Update to / install the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Backup your device either using iTunesof iCloud because a clean install will wipe everything off the device.
- Download iOS 10 / 10.0.1 for your device from below.
- Turn off Find My iPhone feature on your device.You can do it under Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and tune it off.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB / Lightning cable.
- Open iTunes and select your connected device as shown in the screenshot below.
- Hold down the Shift key on Windows or alt/option key on a Mac and click on the Restore iPhone… button.
- iTunes will prompt you to browse and select iOS 10 / 10.0.1 IPSW file that you downloaded in step 2.
- Now let iTunes do its thing and wait for the installation process to complete. Once installed, your iPhone,iPad, or iPod Touch should reboot automatically and it will greet you with Hello screen of the iOS 10.
Download iOS 10 IPSW
Here are the direct links to download iOS 10 IPSW files for all the compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices.
iOS 10 download links for iPhone
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus – iPhone_5.5_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 – iPhone_4.7_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone SE – iPhoneSE_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5s – iPhone_4.0_64bit_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5c – iPhone_4.0_32bit_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
iOS 10 download links for iPad
- 9.7?inch iPad Pro – iPadPro_9.7_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- 12.9?inch iPad Pro – iPadPro_12.9_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 –iPad_64bit_TouchID_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2 – iPad_64bit_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
- iPad 4 – iPad_32bit_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw
iOS 10 download links for iPod Touch
- iPod touch 6th generation – iPodtouch_10.0.1_14A403_Restore.ipsw