As we reported earlier, Apple is holding its iPhone 6s event on September 9, at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. “Hey, Siri, give us a hint,” reads the tagline on the invite sent to the press. The event is widely expected to unveil iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus along with rumored Apple TV 4, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 and final release of iOS 9. The company will live stream this event through its website as well as on the Apple TV. While it’s pretty straight forward to watch iPhone 6s event on an iOS device, Mac OS X, or Apple TV, it could get a bit complicated to watch it on Windows or Android devices.
The keynote of the event kicks off at 10 AM PST or 1 PM EST. at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. Make sure to check out what to expect from iPhone 6s event.
Here is how to watch the September 9 Apple event live:
How to watch iPhone 6s event live on iOS
If you want to watch the event live on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 7.0 or later, here is how to:
- Open Safari browser on your IOS device
- Enter this URL: apple.com/live
- Hit return key to open it. The event will start live streaming on your iOS device as soon as it kicks start.
Alternatively, you can download the official Apple WWDC app from the app store to watch the iPhone 6s event live on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
How to watch iPhone 6s event live on Mac OS X
Just like iOS devices, you can watch the new iPhones event on your Mac OS X machine this way:
- Open Safari browser
- Point it to this URL: apple.com/live
Make sure you are running OS X v10.8.5 or later and have installed Safari 6.0.5 or later.
How to watch the Apple event on Apple TV
- Make sure that your Apple TV is running the latest version by going into Settings > General > Software Updates and then Update Software.
- Run the Apple Events app on your Apple TV to watch the live stream of the event.
Your must have Apple TV 2 or later running firmware 6.2 or later.
How to watch the event on a Windows 10 PC
It is the first time in Apple’s history that it is going to live stream its iPhone 6s event to Windows users as well. For that, you’ll need a Windows 10 PC and Microsoft Edge browser. The Apple event’s live stream on Windows 10 PC has become a reality because of the support for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology in the Edge browser.
- Simply open the Edge Browser on Windows 10
- Point it to the following URL: apple.com/live.
How to watch the event on Windows 8.x/7/older
If you are still running an older version of Windows such as Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 or older, you’ll need to perform a few more steps to get the iPhone event live stream working on your machine:
- Download and install VLC media player and open it
- Go to Media > Open Network Stream and choose Network section
- Copy and paste the following link in the URL field:
How to watch iPhone 6s event on Android
Just like non-Windows 10 users, the Android users can also use VLC media player to watch the iPhone 6s media event live on their devices:
- Download VLC from the Play Store on your Android device.
- Launch the app and go to hamburger menu on the top left and tap on Stream.
- Copy and paste the following URL into the network address field:
Alternatively, you can try Ustream app and find someone live-streaming the event.