When you sign up for Apple Music subscription, you get a free trial for three whole months. Apple will begin charging you $9.99 per month service charges after three months of a free trial period. It’s easy to forget about the renewal date especially when it’s 90 days away and the day your free trial expires, you’ll automatically be charged for the monthly subscription fee. But there is a way to cancel Apple Music subscription auto-renewal if you don’t want to continue with the service after 3 months of trial period.
You can easily turn off the automatic renewal of Apple Music subscription right now and enjoy the freedom of free trial for next few months. If you plan on continue using the service, you can turn it back on. You can turn off auto-renewal:
Since you’ll be mostly using the Apple Music service on your iPhone or iPad, it’ll probably be easier to do it from these devices.
How to cancel Apple Music auto renewal from iPhone or iPad
- Open Apple Music app on your iOS device.
- Click on the Profile icon at the top-left corner of the screen and select View Apple ID.
- After entering your Apple ID credentials, you’ll be taken to the Account Settings.
- Under Subscriptions section, select Manage.
- You will see a list of services you have subscribed for, tap on Apple Music (Only appears when you’ve subscribed for multiple services, if not you will directly go to the next step.)
- This will bring up Apple Music Membership page. Under RENEWAL OPTIONS section, location Automatic Renewal toggle switch and tap on it to turn it OFF.
How to turn off Apple Music auto renewal from iTunes
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on your Profile icon at the top-right side of the iTunes (left to the search box.)
- Select Account Info.
- Under Settings section, click Manage next to Subscriptions.
- Click on the Edit button next to Apple Music Membership (this section only appears if you’ve subscribed for multiple services, otherwise you’ll see the next step.)
- Select Off radio button next to Automatic Renewal.
Now that you have cancelled auto-renewal of Apple Music subscription, you’ll have to come back to the same screen and activate Apple music subscription when your free trial ends after three months.