Here’s how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch using TaiG 2.2 jailbreak tool. Team TaiG has updated its popular TaiG jailbreak with support for iOS 8.4 software update. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 with TaiG on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices.
Apple released iOS 8.4 with a redesigned Music app, alongside its music streaming service Apple Music. A few hours after the availability of iOS 8.4, team TaiG has updated its jailbreak tool, and now we can easily jailbreak our devices running iOS 8.4.
If you’ve already tried TaiG to jailbreak iOS 8.3, you’ll feel right at home with jailbreaking iOS 8.4 process. If it’s your first shot, then fret not, simply follow our detailed step-by-step guide below to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 8.4.
- TaiG 2.2 jailbreak is available for Windows only. Update: available for Mac as well (How to jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X)
- It is an untethered jailbreak.
- Supported iOS versions include: iOS 8.4, 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall temporarily, as it may prevent TaiG from connecting to internet.
- Backup your personal data on your device either via iCloud or iTunes. The jailbreak reportedly works just fine, backing up your stuff is just a precautionary step. Better safe than sorry.
- Update to iOS 8.4, for that, first download iOS 8.4 and then follow how to install iOS 8.4.
- Supported devices include:
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s.
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod Touch 5g
How to jailbreak iOS 8.4 on iPhone, iPad with TaiG
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer, launch iTunes and backup your device.
- Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from here: download TaiG jailbreak. Then unzip/extract the contents of the downloaded file.
- Make sure your device is connected to your computer via USB cable.
- Disable Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off Find my iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Right-click on the TaiG application and select “Run as administrator” option.
- Let TaiG detect your connected device, which may take some time. Once your device has been identified, make sure it shows the correct version of iOS.
- Un-check the 3K Assistant 2.3.0 to prevent the tool from installing Chinese app store, right below Cydia option. Now click the large Start button in green to begin the jailbreak progress.
- TaiG will now begin the jailbreaking process and a circular progress bar will appear.
- Once the process has been completed successfully, a green smiley will appear on the screen saying “Jailbreak Succeeded!”. Your device will reboot and there should be a Cydia icon on the Home screen of your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully jailbroken iOS 8.4 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using TaiG jailbreak.