Here’s how to install iOS 8.4 update on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch either Over-The-Air (OTA) or using iTunes. Apple has just released iOS 8.4 to general public , along with its new Music streamign service called Apple Music. If you want install iOS 8.4 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device, simply follow the steps mentioned below.
iOS 8.4 supported devices
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPod touch 5G
Backup your device
It’s always good idea to backup your iPhone, ipad or iPod Touch before updating to a newer iOS software update. You can backup your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch either via iTunes or iCloud.
How to install iOS 8.4 update Over the Air (OTA)
Downloading and installing an Over the Air (OTA) update on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch may take some time depending on you internet connection speed and Apple server load. Here’s how to update Over the Air (OTA):
- Plug in your device to a charger so the battery do not run out during the update process.
- Open Settings
- Go to: General > Software Update.
- Your device will automatically check for the available updates and will inform your that iOS 8.4 is available.
- Tap on Download and then wait for the downloading process to complete. if it’s takng too long, you can do something else, your device will continue to download the update in the background and will notify you when the update is ready.
- Then tap Install Now to apply the iOS 8.4 update.
How to install iOS 8.4 using iTunes
If iOS 8.4 Over the Air (OTA) update is not yet appeared on your device, or you do not have sufficient storage left on your device required for the OTA update install process, then you can download iOS 8.4 IPSW file manually and restore it using iTunes.
Now follow the instruction here: