Apple has just announced iOS 9, the next major version of its mobile operating system during its WWDC 2015 keynote. The event is under way at Moscone West Center in San Francisco.
Craig Federighi came on the stage after a brief into by Tim Cook and started talking about iOS 9. He detailed several significant features making their way to the iOS in the form of iOS 9.
In iOS 9, Apple’s main focus is on Intelligence, apps, iPad features and more. Siri, as expected, is getting a major overhaul with a new interface and new name, Proactive. This new and Proactive Siri can offer more information and contextually aware than ever. For instance, Siri can play the Music when user plugs in their headphones. The music is context sensitive and depends on time and place. Siri can also look through emails to find an unknown number from which your received a call to identify it.
- iOS 9 compatible devices list
- iOS 9 features – What’s New
- Apple releases iOS 9 beta to developers
- How to install iOS 9 beta without developer account or registering UDID
- iOS 9 beta 2 Seeded to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9 beta 3 with Apple Music and Apple News
- iOS 9 beta 4 download available to developers
- New in iOS 9 beta 4: Home Sharing for Apple Music, new iPod Touch Support and more