Microsoft, on Thursday, has launched an MSN branded suites of apps including News, Sports, Money, Health & Fitness and Food & Drink for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. All these MSN branded Microsoft apps are available in the app store, downloadable free of charge.
MSN Weather app will also be hitting app store later this year. Microsoft had launched its new MSN services for mobiles, built from scratch, earlier this year. It’s interesting to note that MSN Health & fitness app syncs its data with the Health database found in iOS 8 or later.
The MSN news app of the newly released apps provides news content from some of the top sources around the world, such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNN and AOL in the United States. Other sources include Hindustan Times and NDTV in India,
- Comprehensive content — Read articles from the industry’s best sources and from your local news, hand-picked by our editors.
- Customized topics — Follow topics you care about— like your favorite sports team, celebrity, or gadget. Sign in to save your preferences.
- Breaking news — Stay up-to-date with breaking news alerts.
- Sharing stories — Share your favorite content with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, text, or email.
- Available anywhere — Automatically sync your favorite topics across MSN News on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the news you want to read.
The MSN Sports app features live scores and in dep-t information about over 150 leagues around the globe. Other than scores and details, the app also features photos, videos, news and more.
- Comprehensive coverage — Access over 150+ leagues and thousands of teams. Get the most recent scores, standings, schedules, and more.
- Personalized content — Follow your favorite leagues and teams. Keep up with the latest stats and news from your favorites all in one place. Sign in to save your preferences.
- Latest news — Scan top headlines from trusted providers around the world. Read team or league specific news.
- Live matchups — Get real-time updates on live games for NBA, MLB, NFL, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, and Soccer
- Available anywhere — Automatically sync your favorites across MSN Sports on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the sports and teams you care about.
The MSN Money app comes with financial news and data allowing its users to keep themselves up to date with the stocks, mutual funds, investment vehicles, and more.
- Top indices — Track major indices from around the world, including NASDAQ, NYSE, Dow Jones, S&P 500, DAX, FTSE 100, NIKKEI 225 and more. Also track currency exchange rates and commodity prices.
- Personalized watchlist — Add your favorite stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs. Get quotes, charts and detailed company profiles. Sign in to save your preferences.
- Latest news — Scan market headlines and access business news from trusted providers. Read featured personal finance news.
- Financial tools — Get more from your money with financial and budgeting tools such as a mortgage calculator and currency converter.
- For iPhone: tip calculator, wealth estimator, and retirement planner
- For iPad: stock screener
- Available anywhere — Automatically sync your watch list across MSN Money on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the stocks you care about.
MSN Health & Fitness
This app allows users to keep track of their exercises, diets with access to huge numbers of workout videos. The app also features suggestions for diets, and symptoms of potential illness. The interesting thing about MSN health app is its connectivity with Apple’s health database data.
- Comprehensive content — Read premium curated health & fitness related content from some of the world’s most reputable sources.
- Workout videos — Watch over 300 workout videos and over 900 exercise, yoga and Pilates videos, including hundreds of follow-along videos you can do at home.
- Medical reference — Enter symptoms to see possible health conditions with the Symptom Checker. Discover more about the human anatomy through the interactive 3D Human Body. Learn about drugs and common medical procedures.
- Available anywhere — Automatically sync your trackers across MSN Health & Fitness on the web and your mobile apps for quick access.
MSN Food & Drink
This app is a pitched as a complete kitchen companion by providing you access to thousands of videos on how to improve your culinary skills, recipes from various magazines, top chefs and more.
- Comprehensive content — Find recipes from cuisines around the world. Read tasting notes and reviews on more than 1.5 million wines. Browse hundreds of cocktails.
- Easy filters — Find recipes by cuisine, source, ingredient, or dietary needs. Filter by difficulty, method, preparation time, and more.
- Available anywhere — Automatically sync your collections and shopping list across MSN Food & Drink on the web and your mobile apps for quick access.
- Famous chefs — Take notes from the pros. Get access to world-renown chefs’ best recipes and explore their finest restaurants and catering.
- Cookings school: how-to videos and kitchen tips — Watch how-to videos and read about tips and techniques to make every home-cooked meal a success.
- Food news and trends — Stay in the know about the world of food and drink.