The team Pangu released Pangu jailbreak version 1.1 with added Cydia support, English user interface and numerous bug fixes. If you want to jailbreak iPhone or iPad running iOS 8.1 and install Cydia with Pangu jailbreak, you have come to the right place. Hit the jump to learn how to jailbreak iPhone, iPad iOS 8.1 with Pangu jailbreak version 1.1.
Please read theses important point before proceeding with the jailbreak process:
- Pangu jailbreak is currently available for Windows OS only. However, Mac users can follow along by installing Windows on their Mac via Virtual Machine.
- Use iCloud or iTunes to backup your personal data on the device.
- Pangu needs to access your internet to download necessary files, so u need allow it in your firewall. It’s much easier to disable antivirus and firewall for the time being during the jailbreak process.
Pangu supported Devices and iOS
- Pangu supported firmwares include iOS 8 – iOS 8.1.
- Pangu jailbreak supports following devices:
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
iPod touch 5G
How to Jailbreak iPhone, iPad iOS 8.1 with Pangu
Follow these steps to jailbreak your device running iOS 8.1 with Pangu:
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad is running iOS 8.1. Please note that fresh restore to iOS 8.1 is recommended. If it is not;
download iOS 8.1 and then follow this guide to install iOS 8.1 with iTunes.
- Download Pangu
- On your device, enable Airplane mode, Disable Passcode (Settings > Touch ID & Passcode) and finally turn off Find my iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone).
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch the Pangu jailbreak that you downloaded in Step 1. Make sure to run it as administrator (Right-click on the Pangu exe file and select “Run as Administrator” option).
- Wait for Pangu to detect your device, which may take some time. Once it’s recognized by Pangu, Click the large blue “Start Jailbreak” button to begin the jailbreak process.
- Click on “Already Did” to proceed with the jailbreak process.
- Pangu will begin jailbreaking your device. Wait for the progress bar to complete, your iPhone or iPad should reboot then. After the reboot, there should be Cydia and Pangu app icon on your home screen.
That’s it! You’ve successfully jailbreak iPhone, iPad iOS 8.1 with Pangu jailbreak and installed Cydia as well.