You can jailbreak iOS 8.1 – iOS 8 using Pangu jailbreak, As reported earlier, team Pangu has released pangu jailbreak for iOS 8.1 and iOS 8. Pangu is a Chinese team of developers who had released jailbreak for iOs 7.x.x before this latest release. In this guide you’ll learn how to use Pangu to jailbreak iOS 8.1 – iOS 8 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Pangu is currently available for Windows users only. Mac version will be released later.
- Pangu provides untethered jailbreak for all the devices running iOS 8.1 and iOS 8.
- Currently, Pangu doesn’t bundle Cydia into it, however, you can install Cydia manually after the jailbreak (a guide will be posted shortly).
- Disable the passcode lock before trying the jailbreak ot it’ll fail. You can disable passcode under Settings > General > Passcode Lock On > Turn Passcode Off.
- Disable Find My iPhone by going into Settings > iCloud before trying the jailbreak process.
Update your iTunes to the latest version.
- Last but not the least, backup your personal data before proceeding.
Jailbreaking your device will void its warranty and hence proceed at your own risk.
Pangu can jailbreak iOS 8.1 and jailbreak iOS 8 on the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini, Retina iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
How to jailbreak iOS 8.1 – iOS 8 with Pangu
Once again, backup your device via either iTunes or iCloud as an escape plan. Better safe than sorry! Sometime OTA update results in issues with the Pangu jailbreak, a fresh restore to iOS 8 via iTunes is advised. Download iOS 8.1.
Disable Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn off
Disable Find my iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Download Pangu
- Run the Pangu jailbreak as an administrator. Right-click on Pangu application and select “Run ad Administrator”.
- The application is in Chinese so follow the steps as is. Uncheck the checkbox on the left that says PP. Wait until Pangu recognizes your device and then click the big blue jailbreak button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the jailbreak process. Let the jailbreak process complete, during the process your device will reboot several time and your device will also show that there’s a restore in progress. The entire process take no more than 5-10 minutes.
- Once the jailbreak process is completed, you should find Pangu app icon on the home screen of your device. If it’s there, it means the device has successfully been jailbroken. Now open the Pangu application on your device and after that follow the Cydia installation guide, that’ll be posted shortly.