iOS 8 beta 5 is now available for download. Apple has just released the 5th beta for its upcoming major software updated i.e. iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. This beta release has a build number 12A4345d and is available to the registered iOS Dev Center developers only.
The latest beta is released 2 weeks after the 4th beta, which brought several visual tweaks and Settings app changes. Some of the new changes found in the iOS 8 includes:
- New voice message sent sound
- HomeKit is the new name of Home Data
- New data types added to HealthKit
- Option to export health data in Health app
- Health privacy settings
- Wallpapers settings no longer have Brightness controls
- Spotlight access is much faster
- “Predictive” toggle in the keyboard switcher
- New icons for iCloud, iCloud Family Sharing, iCloud Drive, Backup, and Keychain
- Photos app shows the location where the photo was taken
iOS 8 beta 5 is available for the following devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3, iPad 2
- 5th generation iPod touch
iOS 8 was announced by Apple during the WWDC 2014 keynote. Apple announced numerous new features for its upcoming major software update for it, such as interactive notifications, widgets, support for third-party keyboards and much more.
If you’ve iOS 8 beta already installed on your device you can geta the beta 5 via OTA update under Settings > General > Software Update. You can also download the complete firmware .IPSW file from iOS Dev Center with a registered dev account.