Apple has released iOS 7.1.2 firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch fixing some crucial bugs related to security. The good news for jailbreak community about this release is that the Chinese Pangu jailbreak can jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 out of the box. In this guide you’ll learn how to jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 with Pangu on supported iPhone, iPad and IPod Touch models.
It’s safe to update to latest iOS 7.1.2 firmware and then you can easily jailbreak your device with Pangu jailbreak. Before proceeding with the jailbreaking steps for iOS 7.1.2, please make sure to read these important points:
- Pangu is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.1, iOS 7.1.1, and iOS 7.1.2. Your device must be running one of these firmware. Here’s how to install iOS 7.1.2.
- Pangu is available for both Windows and Mac OS X.
- Pangu supports following iOS 7.1-7.1.2 running devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini, Retina iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
- Disable the passcode before trying the jailbreak. (Settings > General > Passcode Lock – turn if OFF).
- Backup your personal data via iTunes or iCloud before proceeding.
- Jailbreaking voids your warranty, so proceed as your own risk.
Let’s talk about how to jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 with Pangu jailbreak tool.
How to jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 with Pangu
- Download Pangu jailbreak for Windows or Mac.
Windows users: extract the downloaded .zip file.
OS X users: double click the downloaded .DMG file to mount it, then drag the Pangu application to your desktop.
- Now launch the Pangu jailbreak. Windows users must run the file as administrator. Right Click on the Pangu.exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Connect your device to your computer, which should be detected by Pangu. Now click the large black “Jailbreak” button on the right.
- You’ll be promoted to re-adjust your Date and Time back in time. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and turn the Set Automatically to OFF position. Now set the date back to June 2nd, 2014.
After changing the Date, the Pangu will continue the jailbreak process automatically and will add a new Pangu app icon on your device’s springboard.
- Tap on the Pangu icon to open the app and tap Continue to confirm the launch of the application.
Note: If you took too long to launch the Pangu app that appeared on your device, an error will occur and you’ll have to start over.
- Your device may reboot several time. Do not close the jailbreak app, Pangu app or unplug your device. Let Pangu do its thing. After a few minutes your device will be jailbroken with Cydia installed on it and you’ll be ready to install your favorite jailbreak tweaks. Now you can revert the Date & Times settings back to Automatic.
That’s it! you’ve successfully jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 with Pangu on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Let us know how it went for you in the comments section below.