Pangu jailbreak tool can jailbreak iPod Touch 5G on iOS 7.1.2 – iOS 7.1. In this guide you’ll learn how to jailbreak iPod Touch 5G iOS 7.1.2 with Pangu jailbreak. Simply follow the detailed instructions below to jailbreak your fifth generation iPod Touch using Pangu.
For those not familiar, Pangu is a new jailbreak tool, released by a new jailbreak team called Team Pangu. The jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak solution for iOS 7.1 – iOS 7.1.2. First it was based on the exploits found by i0nic, but later the team removed all his exploits with new ones. Pangu is available for both the Mac OS X and Windows OS.
- Pangu is an untethered jailbreak solution for any device running iOS 7.1.2.
- Instructions to jailbreak iPod Touch 5G running iOS 7.1.2 are same for both Mac and Windows.
- Make sure to backup your personal data via iTunes or iCloud. A fresh restore is recommended but not required.
- Here’s how to install iOS 7.1.2, if you’ve not already. Here’s where you can download iOS 7.1.2 from.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 5g iOS 7.1.2 with Pangu
- Download Pangu for Windows or Mac.
Windows users: extract the downloaded .zip file.
OS X users: double click the downloaded .DMG file to mount it, then drag the Pangu application to your desktop.
- Now Launch the Pangu jailbreak by double clicking on it.
- Connect your iPod Touch 5G to your computer via USB cable. Pangu should detect your device. Now click the big Black button on the right to begin the jailbreak process.
- Pangu will ask you to adjust your iPod Touch’s date back in time.
Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and turn the Set Automatically to OFF position.
Tap on the Date & Time and set the date back to June 2nd, 2014.
- As soon as the date has been adjusted back in time, the Pangu will continue the jailbreak process automatically.
- Keep an eye on your iPod Touch Springboard where a new Pangu icon should appear. Tap on the icon to open the app and tap Continue to confirm the launch of the application.
Note: If you took too long to launch the Pangu app that appeared on your iPod Touch, the jailbreak tool will through a red message and you’ll need to start over.
- Now just sit back and watch closely. Do not unplug the device or close the app. Let the Pangu jailbreak do its thing.
- Once the jailbreak process has been completed, your iPod Touch will reboot and you’ll see Cydia icon on your Springboard.
That’s it! you’ve successfully jailbreak iPod Touch 5G running iOS 7.1.2 firmware using Pangu jailbreak.