WhatsApp, the famous cross-platform messaging app, has finally been updated for iOS 7. WhatsApp for iOS 7 brings along a host of new changes including an all new design, new features and improvements. The update brings the iOS client for the popular messaging service to version 2.11.5.
Other than a new look and feel that fits well with the iOS 7 theme, this update to WhatsApp also includes a new feature called broadcasts lists. With broadcasts lists features, you can send messages to many people simultaneously. It means you can send a message to a list of your friends or work colleagues instead of sending them individually. Other features include location sharing, large thumbs, and new notifications and alerts.
Here’s the complete changelog for this latest update of WhatsApp:
– new iOS 7 User Interface
– broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
– improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
– large thumbs: see more
– new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
– application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
– new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
– crop image before sending
If you’re an existing WhatApp user, read the update notes and backup your conversation to iCloud before installing the update. For new users, here’s the download link to WhatsApp for iOS: [Download Link – iTunes]