evasi0n7 jailbreak tool is now available and it can jailbreak iPad mini 2, iPad mini running iOS 7.0.4, iOS 7.0.3/7.0.2/7.0.1 and iOS 7. evasi0n7 supports all the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices that are compatible with iOS 7 through iOS 7.0.4. In this guide we’ll talk about how to jailbreak iPad mini 2 and jailbreak iPad mini on iOS 7.0.4 – iOS 7 using evasi0n 7 jailbreak.
- Evasi0n7 is an untetehred jailbreak.
- It supports iOS 7.0 – 7.0.4 fimrware. And all the iPhone, ipad and iPod Touch devices running iOS 7-7.0.4 are compatible.
- evasi0n 7 won’t work on the Apple TV or any devices running iOS 6.x.x.
- Backup your personal data either via iCloud (Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now) or iTunes.
- It’s highly recommended to update your iPad mini to iOS 7.0.4 if you’ve not already. You should do it via iTunes, not OTA. You can download iOS 7.0.4 and follow this guide to update to iOS 7.0.4.
- If you’ve setup a passcode set on your iPad mini, unlock it and go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock > and select Turn Passcode Off.
- Follow this guide at your own risk.
iPhone users navigate to: Jailbreak iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4 iOS 7.0.4 with Evasi0n
How to jailbreak iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4 iOS 7.0.4 with Evasi0n7
Make sure to read the notes above before proceeding. Let’s assume that your iPad mini 2 or iPad mini has been freshly restored to iOS 7.0.4 (although, the guide should work on iOS 7, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3 as well without a problem, but make sure you’re NOT updated Over-The-Air). here are the steps to jailbreak iPad mini 2 iOS 7.0.4 – iOS 7 with evasi0n 7:
First of all download evasi0n7 for your OS and extract/unzip the downloaded .zip file.
Now connect your iPad mini 2 or iPad mini to your computer and run the evasi0n app by double-clicking it. evasi0n should detect the connected iPad mini and “Jailbreak” button will become clickable. If not, reconnect your device.
Now click the Jailbreak button on evasi0n to start the jailbreak process.
Evasi0n7 will then go through several jailbreaking steps to jailbreak your iPad mini. These steps include: retrieving remote package, uploading jailbreak data, injecting evasi0n app, and configuring system. The jailbreak process may take about five minutes to complete.
After several steps, evasi0n will ask you to slide unlock your device and tap the new ‘evasi0n 7’ icon. Do it by slide-unlocking your device and find a new icon on your iPad mini home screens named “evasi0n 7” and tap on it. TAP THE ICON ONCE and DO NOT DICONNECT YOUR iPAD MINI FROM COMPUTER.
Your device will reboot several times during the jailbreak process. Most of the process is automated. Don’t touch your device and be patient. Once the jailbreak process is completed, Evasi0n will show a message saying Done!
That’s it! Cydia should now be installed in your iPad mini. You can now close evasi0n and you’re done with the jailbreak process. You’ve successfully jailbreak iPad mini and iPad mini 2 iOS 7.0.4 – iOS 7 with Evasi0n 7 jailbreak.
NOTE: If you’re stuck at any point during the jailbreak process, it’s safe to restart your device, evasi0n software and retry. You can hold power + home buttons of iPad mini to reboot if necessary.
Don’t forget to share your experience in the comments section below…