Settings a song from your music library as your alarm sound on iPhone, ipad and iPod Touch was first introduced in iOS 6. Before that you could only use the ringtones or the default alarm tones as your wakeup call. But starting with iOS 6 and in iOS 7 as well, you can set anything from your music library as your wake up alarm. Hit the jump to see how to set a song as alarm sound on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 6 and iOS 7.
This feature is available to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch since iOS 6 and is not new. We expect many of you to be already using their iTunes music as their alarm sound. This post is targeted for new iPhone, iPad owners who are not yet familiar with all of the iOS 7 functions. Setting your own music/song as your alarm is lot easier than you might expect. Let’s talk about how to set song as your alarm sound in iOS 7 and iOS 6.
You might also be interested in: Fix Battery Drain Issue on iOS 7
Set a song as alarm sound in iOS 7
- Launch the Clock app.
- Tap on the Alarm icon at the bottom.
- Now tap on the “+” icon at the top-right side of the screen.
- Set the time, recurrence and label for the alarm and then tap on “Sound”.
- Under “SONGS” section, tap on “Pick a song” and then choose a song from your music library to set it as your alarm sound.
That’s it! This way you can even set different song as alarm sound for each day of the week.
Set a song as alarm sound in iOS 6
iOS 6 is the firmware in which Apple introduced the feature to set a song as alarm tone. If you’ve got an older device running iOS 6 or still rocking iOS 6, here’s how to set song as your alarm sound on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch:
- Launch the Clock app.
- Tap on the Alarm tab at the bottom.
- Now click on the “+” button on the top right side of the screen to create an alarm.
- Select the time, recurrence and label for your alarm and then tap on “Sound”.
- Under Songs section, tap on “Pick a song” and your whole music list will be available to choose from.
- Tap on your desire song and it will start to play so hit Back to stop it.
- Finally tap the “Save” button at the top-right side of the screen.
That’s it! You’ve set a song as your alarm sound in iOS 6 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
You’ll probably have noticed that whenever you choose a song as your alarm, it starts playing a preview of the song from the start, and that’s how the song will play when your alarm goes off. The entire song will play until you wake up of turn the alarm off. It’s an easy way to set the mood for your wake up.