BBM app download is now available for iPad and iPod Touch. BlackBerry has finally released its BBM iOS app for iPad and iPod Touch. Previously, BBM was available for iPhone only. The update doesn’t only bring support for iPad and iPod Touch, it also includes some new features such as “Tell your friends” and the ability to share your BBM PIN on social networks.
BBM for iPad is not optimized for the bigger screen, but simply runs as an iPhone app. Still, it’s a good news for the BBM fans who don’t have an iPhone but an iPad. Here’s the complete release notes of BBM for iOS update:
- Support for iPod and iPad
- Invite BBM contacts to BBM Groups by Email
- ‘Tell your friends’ feature helps you connect with friends on BBM
- Quickly share your BBM PIN and PIN barcode to your social networks
- Fixes an issue where some users would be missing BBM Contact names
- Resolves some issues experienced in right to left language support
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Please note that one BBM account works on just one device. It means even if you’re an existing BBM user on the iPhone or any other device, you’ll still need to create new account on iPad or iPod Touch, unlike other messaging services such as iMessage or Facebook where one account works across all devices.
Download BBM for iOS
If you’ve BBM already installed on your iPhone and it’s not updated automatically, you can do it by going into the app store on your iPhone. ipad and iPod Touch users can download BBM app from this like: Download Link – iTunes.