WhatsApp, a popular cross-platform messaging app now brings voice messaging feature to iPhone, that allows iPhone users to send voice messages to their contacts with a push-to-talk style function. The new voice messaging feature is also being pushed to other platforms including Android, Blackberry, Nokia and Windows Phone.
We spend a lot of time at WhatsApp thinking how we can make keeping in touch easier, and we know there’s no substitute for hearing the sound of a friend or family member’s voice. So today we are introducing a new feature we are truly excited about: Voice Messages
Here’s how one can use the new voice messaging feature in Whatsapp:
- Simply tap and hold the new button with a microphone icon on it;
- Record your message and release the button when you’re done with message recording. (There’s no limit to the length of the voice message.)
- By releasing the button, the message will be sent to your contact.
- You can easily cancel the recording by sliding on the recording bar.
- You can also cancel a messaging by tapping the x button when it’s being sent.
- A blue microphone icon tells you when the message has been played.
- You can privately listen to the received messages by simply lifting the phone to your ear and the app automatically reduces the play volume.
You can download WhatsApp for iPhone from this link.
Here’s a short video by Whatsapp showing this new functionality: