Now that iOS 6.1 jailbreak is just around the corner, it’s best time to save shsh blobs for iOS 6.1 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It’s always a good idea to save SHSH blobs whenever Apple pushed a new firmware release. If you save iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs now, it will gold if there ever opens up the possibility to downgrade back to iOS 6.1. So, basically, SHSH blobs will allow you to downgrade back to iOS 6.1 if hackers ever find a way of downgrading. Hit the jump to learn how to save SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1 for your iPhone,, iPad and iPod Touch…
NOTE: You can save SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1 only if Apple is signing it. Apple usually stop signing a firware then there’s a new version of iOS is out. Since iOS 6.1 is currently the latest firmware, so be quick and save iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs while you can. You won’t be able to save 6.1 blobs as soon as Apple drops iOS 6.1.1 or later.
Simply follow these steps to save SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1 firmware.
How to Save SHSH Blobs for iOS 6.1
- Download TinyUmbrella;
- Run the downloaded TinyUmbrella file. It may take a few seconds to fully initialize;
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch that you want to save your SHSH blobs for. We suggest you to do this for all your iOS 6.1 compatible devices;
- Select your device from the left-pane, under connected devices, on Tinyumbrella;
- Now click on the Advanced tab, and uncheck the following two options:
- Save ALL Available SHSH
- Request SHSH From Cydia
- You can also change the save directory (under Advanced tab) to your desired one e.g. to your desktop, that way you can easily find, verify and backup SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella;
- Now click on the Log tab where you’ll be able to see the status of your save attempt. Click the Save SHSH button, TinyUmbrella will attempt to save SHSH blobs for the latest firmware i.e. iOS 6.1 to the save directory you selected above. If saved successfully, the Log tab will contain a message saying SHSH SUCCESSFULLY SAVED;
- Now click on the General tab, the iOS 6.1 blobs should appear in the list.
***It’s recommended to always keep a backup of your SHSH blobs folder.
That’s it! you’ve successfully save SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1 for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.