Did you just got your iPhone unlocked officially from AT&T or any other carrier? or paid someone to get your iPhone factory unlocked or bought a used iPhone and now want to check if it is factory unlocked or not? Don’t worry we got you covered. Hit the jump to learn how to check your iPhone unlock status in few easy steps…
To check your iPhone factory unlock status, you need to know your iPhone’s IMEI number. IMEI number, the International Mobile Equipment Identity, is a unique identifier for all mobile phone, iPhone is no exception. An IMEI number is a 15-digit long string which can tell you a lot about your iPhone including iPhone unlock status.
There are a few online IMEI checker services that ask for your IMEI number and tell you if your iPhone is factory unlocked or not without putting a SIM from a different carrier into it. These services make it easier to check your iPhone’s SIM lock status, warranty and other information.
How to check iPhone Factory Unlock status
Here are the step-by-step instructions to check if your iPhone is carrier unlocked or not:
- Find out your iPhone’s IMEI number. You can find it by going into Settings > General > About or simply dial *#06#.
- Now open any web browser and go to IMEI.info and there you’ll see an input box. Enter your IMEI in that box and click “Check” button.
- Website will display a chart detailing your iPhone’s model, brand and other information. To get information regarding your iPhone’s SIM lock status, click on “Free simlock and warranty status” button at bottom right corner.
- Now click on the “Free SIMlock and Warranty Status Check” button.
- Now it should display if your iPhone is factory unlocked or not. If your iPhone has been unlocked using unofficial methods such as Ultrasn0w or Gevey SIM unlock, it should say Locked. Additionally, it tells you about the warranty status of your device.